PDA

View Full Version : nice Buck lake walleye

fluxcore
07-17-2010, 11:03 AM
I fished through some pretty bad weather on Friday and it was worth it. Initially I was heading out to Pigeon lake but at the last minute I decided Buck would be more sheltered from the storm (wind). I think Buck has some of the best walleye fishing in Alberta, the fishing action was non stop with the average walleye being allot bigger than pigeon's. I cant say exactly where I was fishing because I just jigged while drifting but I can say I stuck to 14-ft of water. If your looking for some action and a nice walleye for the BBQ give buck a go. I loaded the pics in my Pigeon lake folder to ignore the title of the pics.

Guitarplayingfish
07-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Nice fish. They sure look nice and healthy =)

Rockymtnx
07-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Nice Walleye.

fluxcore
07-17-2010, 02:59 PM
nothing huge......yet..... Im hoping to hook into somthing big on sunday, it seems every time I fish buck I end up losing the fish of the day next to the toon.

Winch101
07-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Healthy walleyes . How far is Buck from Calgary ....

Further than Pigeon ...?

go-big-or-go-home
07-17-2010, 04:08 PM
couple mins diffrence, nothing major. ur lookin at about 3 hours-ish lol

nice walleyes to man, there are bigs ones to be caught thats for sure

flygirrl
07-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Was at Buck today and caught lots of Walleye. Two were legal and also some humpy perch. Fishing 13 feet of water with orange jig head and worm. Was a blast...

fluxcore
07-17-2010, 09:41 PM
I still find it amazing so many people fish Pigeon when Buck is so close and you can keep 1 without a tag. I cant wait to get out tomorrow, its lots of fun and the walleye's out of the lake taste amazing no mater how you cook them. Having a tag system on Pigeon makes no sense to me they should be worried about thinning out the population in there so the fish don't starve and they can get some size.