PDA

View Full Version : Info on old Honda 10hp Outboard

Overdrawn
07-17-2010, 06:20 PM
I have a Honda 10hp, It has been in my family 25yrs and ran last time we had it out 10years ago. I brought it home to revive it. But it won't start the mice have had there fun with it. The belt the runs to the cam I presume has broke. Does anyone know about these old motors?

Shmag
07-17-2010, 08:03 PM
How old of a motor are you talking about?

Why would you presume the belt to the cam is broke?

I usually start with the small stuff first, before thinking internally. Get new plug, make sure you got good spark, put plug in and make sure it feels like you got compression then make sure you are getting fuel to the carb. Make sure the choke is working properly to the carb, i am guessing the carb is gummed up pretty good. I am also guessing the piston and cylinder walls are pretty dry, put an ounce of oil in the spark plug hole before pulling over.

Good luck

Overdrawn
07-17-2010, 08:39 PM
New plugs, But there is a belt on the top end of the motor, goes from the crank to something on the top of the cylinders. While pulling the motor over the belt was so old and brittle it snap. Its about 3/4" in width. And now it feels like the motor has no compression. The motor is from the mid to late 70's. Model#B100L. Its white and blue and called a Honda 100. Used to be a great motor. Run all summer on 10galons of gas.

Rick.
07-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Go to Iboats.com Look for the forums and then go to honda forum. You will get lots of help from knowledgeable people. Rick.