PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have success on Koocanusa?

camshaft
07-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Off to BC for 2 weeks with part of that time in some small town on Lake Coocanusa called Silverton (population about 200) :)

Am planning on bringing a 14ft alum for the trip but have never fished this lake. Anyone have any tips on what works in that lake. If anyone is actually familiar with where Silverton is, pls feel free to send me a pm if there are any other lakes in that general area worth hitting up.

Thx very much

Overdrawn
07-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Very cloudy lake, Just got back from Kikomun Creek on the 10th. Everyone said fishing was slow. Dam is very low for this time of year. Suzzan lake was hitting good and some good size rainbows. you need a boat though. Everyone say go deep for the Kokenee in koocanusa. Good luck.

camshaft
07-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Where is Suzanne Lake? I read that it has rainbows AND largemouth....is that true?

Overdrawn
07-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Yep Bass are close to shore you can see them swimming everywhere near shore. Don't, I repeat DON'T enter the lake from the south its an active logging road very dangerous. Head south of Jaffery around the S curves to the 80km/h sign turn east accross the cattle and turn right at the why, not left its all private land and cabins. And look to your left and you will see the lake. It has a boat launch not a great one but it works. Have fun. Its stocked with Gerrad strain trout. There is North Star lake to. Its futher north than Suzzan lake. If u have a GPS you won't have any problems finding it. The road is even on Google maps. Have fun and Good Luck.

seahawkfisher
07-19-2010, 09:00 AM
slow trolling with willow leaf and wedding band tipped with maggots and white corn works well for kokanee. you might want to add an oz or 2 of weight and a snubber.

i'll be doing the same in august.

if you are near kikumon, the small hike in lakes (not necessarily the one with the beach) are great for bass too
cheers