PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lake Campsites?

steve
07-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Planning on going up there for the long weekend.

Can you reserve a sight?
Is it usually packed or can a guy find a spot for a couple trucks and a wall tent?

Thanks

double gun
07-17-2010, 07:38 PM
It will be packed, especially being the long weekend. Not sure if you can reserve one or not.

perchfinder
07-17-2010, 07:54 PM
i was there 5 times this year just for the day of fishing and the campsite always looked busy whether it was weekend or during the week. not sure if you can reserve or not but if you check with the town of athabasca, i'm sure they can point you in the right direction on that one. the golf course by athabasca is a nice place for camping.

steve
07-17-2010, 07:55 PM
It will be packed, especially being the long weekend. Not sure if you can reserve one or not.

Thanks

Does anyone know of a natural beach that's on the far side of the lake or something like that. Where a guy could beach the the boat?

perchfinder
07-17-2010, 07:58 PM
the southwest side has some nice sandy beaches. beware of the northern portion of the lake for fishing (off limits of fishing boundary)

double gun
07-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks

Does anyone know of a natural beach that's on the far side of the lake or something like that. Where a guy could beach the the boat?

Yeah there is loads of sand, but as noted half the lake is off limits, but I am sure you could find plenty of beach on the open side. As for camping, the golf course or even the river front has camping possibilities if you come back to town for the night.

steve
07-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys.