PDA

View Full Version : Good day on Mcgregor

Tuc
07-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Not a bad day fishing, 7 or 8 walleye and one pike. Hot as hell on the lake and the biting was sporadic. In places the fish finder was constantly beeping.
Question:
Is it illegal to fish off the dam? We noticed a couple of RCMP parked there and they seemed to be handing out tickets and confiscating fishing rods?
I could be wrong.....

baitfisher83
07-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Wow you had a lucky day there then.....and if you mean the rock dam on the north side, it's not illegal to fish there, but alot of the poachers seem to hang out there as it's an easy get away

Chris84
07-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Was at Mcgregor as well today. Fishing wasn't too bad, lots off small fish (pike and walleye). I was at the south end and didn't see the RCMP, but I'm guessing baitfisher is right, people likely see the dam as an easy get away.

floppychicken
07-19-2010, 12:00 AM
There are no bans or limitations that I can see in the regs... so likely a bunch of chowder heads fishing with no licenses and/or poaching.

McGregor can be tough but there are a LOT of decent size Walleye in that lake, but finding them is always a bit of a challenge. Considering the 'sheer volume' of Hammer Handles, there MUST be some nice size PIKE in there as well, but I've never actually 'caught' any....

Cheers,