PDA

View Full Version : bow river fishing

gordfishing
07-18-2010, 07:36 PM
I don't understand why people are proud to keep fish they caught on the Bow, why can't everything be catch and release, I was fishing by Caresland and had a good afternoon 3 over 20 inches plus lots of hits and this guy goes by in a canoe and I said any luck and he said yes lots and hold up his stringer with this 12 inch rainbow, why bother, there is so so much fishing pressure on the Bow why not make it catch and release, if you want fish go to Costco:argue2::argue2::argue2::argue2::argue2::arg ue2::argue2::argue2:

nicemustang
07-18-2010, 07:58 PM
I didn't know you were holier than though. Why can't everything be catch and release? Because not everyone fishes for the same reason as you, you buffoon. I'm just as sick of hearing your type "I'm a fly fisher and I don't keep anything, you should too" attitude.

/rant off

But seriously...you think everyone will go out fishing for catch and release? Some people use it for eating too and there IS NOTHING wrong with that.

DanJ
07-18-2010, 09:13 PM
I didn't know you were holier than though. Why can't everything be catch and release? Because not everyone fishes for the same reason as you, you buffoon. I'm just as sick of hearing your type "I'm a fly fisher and I don't keep anything, you should too" attitude.

/rant off

But seriously...you think everyone will go out fishing for catch and release? Some people use it for eating too and there IS NOTHING wrong with that.

I agree. Nothing wrong with keeping the odd fish. The current regulations protect the Bow while permitting a very small catch to be retained.

Why you would want to, though, I don't know. This is not intended as a negative comment on the quality of the Bow but its fish don't taste very good.

lyons6
07-18-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't understand why people are proud to keep fish they caught on the Bow, why can't everything be catch and release, I was fishing by Caresland and had a good afternoon 3 over 20 inches plus lots of hits and this guy goes by in a canoe and I said any luck and he said yes lots and hold up his stringer with this 12 inch rainbow, why bother, there is so so much fishing pressure on the Bow why not make it catch and release, if you want fish go to Costco:argue2::argue2::argue2::argue2::argue2::arg ue2::argue2::argue2:

If you are so worried about the fish and fishing pressure than stay off the river... There are regs for a reason.

davyt
07-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Wow, he had a single 12 inch rainbow? What a horrible excuse for a human being.

/sarcasm

As long as he was fishing within the regs, good for him. If you want the regs changed, go write a letter or something, don't get mad at some fisherman following the rules.

Calgaryguy1977
07-18-2010, 10:43 PM

/rant off

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman! I agree 110% if that's possible!

Braun
07-19-2010, 01:46 AM

/rant off

right on. as long as anglers are fishing within the regs there is nothing wrong with it. I keep the odd fish once in a while and when i do i only keep what i am going to eat that night. for those who C&R 100%, good for you. but don't preach like your better than others who fish within the regs.:snapoutofit:

if you want fish go to Costco

you enjoy your plastic wrapped 3 day old fish, cant get any fresher or better tasting than a fish you pulled from the water yourself 2 hours ago.

FishingMOM
07-19-2010, 07:54 AM
you enjoy your plastic wrapped 3 day old fish, cant get any fresher or better tasting than a fish you pulled from the water yourself 2 hours ago.

Everyone complains no matter what body of water you fish in.
Having grown up on the Great Lake and even fished the Detroit River, everyone always said never eat the fish. I did. So did every fishman I knew, including men in their late 80s.
In hawaii some said Don't eat the fish, just catch and release.
Well we asked our fishing boat captain if we could BBQ of some of the catch, he happily obliged. There was nothing like landing a fish and cooking it within mere hours.

I think the uptight fisher(men/women) are the same ones that stalk through the forests and photograph the animals.
Get upset when others hunt for food.

Lets See I have been in alberta 8 years.
Fish Caught so far: 0
Fishing trips: 60 or so

Yep my son and I are adding to the pressure!

We need to remember some people eat the fish, deer, elk and other critters of their foray into the wild. But atleast the eat it and dont kill and let it rot.
Then you would have reason to get ****y.

Scott N
07-19-2010, 08:30 AM
As long as it's legal, who cares what other people do?

WayneChristie
07-19-2010, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=FishingMOM;633534]
I think the uptight fisher(men/women) are the same ones that stalk through the forests and photograph the animals.

I stalk thru the woods and take more pictures than a busload of Japanese tourists, but I am FAR from uptight :sHa_sarcasticlol:
I dont hunt for food, and rarely keep a fish, but I love taking pictures. I dont care if anyone else keeps the fish they are legally entitled to or kills an animal for food, just not my thing most of the time. And if you have been fishing 60 times with no fish, you need help adjusting to Alberta, there are lots of good people on the forum who would be very happy to help you out, dont be afraid to ask.

michelle
07-19-2010, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=FishingMOM;633534]

I stalk thru the woods and take more pictures than a busload of Japanese tourists, but I am FAR from uptight :sHa_sarcasticlol:
I dont hunt for food, and rarely keep a fish, but I love taking pictures. I dont care if anyone else keeps the fish they are legally entitled to or kills an animal for food, just not my thing most of the time. And if you have been fishing 60 times with no fish, you need help adjusting to Alberta, there are lots of good people on the forum who would be very happy to help you out, dont be afraid to ask.

:sHa_shakeshout: I love you Wayne! More people need to have that attitude. And yes, anyone on this forum would be glad to help anyone else out with fishing trips. I know that by experience.
:grouphugg:

baitfisher83
07-19-2010, 07:04 PM
I think we need to drag Michelle's butt out fishing one of these days...that cabin fever has gotta be a @#$@#$ by now..lol

loopyalcsel
07-19-2010, 07:51 PM

/rant off

Didn't read anywhere about him fly fishing. (?You Buffoon?) And who cares anyway..... it's the Bow river. Honestly I don't know why I bother coming to this website. I'm going fishing. Goodbye AO.