PDA

View Full Version : caw ridge

Chad
07-18-2010, 10:09 PM
just wondering if anyone on here has done any quading or hunting on caw ridge near grande cache and if so did you see any moose or moose sighn up there or any were past the mine roads. thanks

Arn?Narn.
07-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Seen many on the Beaverdam Road...

whiskybaron
07-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Lots of big moose in that zone the only problem is spotting them that zone is good for the calling season when they are rutting. They have done a lot of logging there a few years back so ther are more cutblocks than there used to be but if you put in you're time should be able to fill a tag. There is a serious of beaver dams near the entrance to 12 mine along the beaver dam road that they like to hang around seen them there lots.

Chad
07-20-2010, 04:14 PM
thanks guys do you mean just after you cross the sheep creek wisky baron for the ponds. have you guys ever bin over on the sheep creek road or the prairie creek road and if so did you see much up there.

whiskybaron
07-21-2010, 09:38 AM
The ponds I am reffering to are on the east side of the beaver dam road north past the mine haul road, and the prairie creek road has some fantastic moose but you will need to get the combination to thet gate or wait till a vehicle goes through. I have a friend that works for Encana up in that area and he has seen a couple of big moose in the are already thuis year.

bullwinkle
07-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Full time security gate 24/7 now on Prairie creek thanks to Encana.

Chad
07-22-2010, 06:37 AM
my freind works for cutpick energy on the prarie creek road so that is not a problem. i have a radio with all the channels and i also have the combanation to 6 of the 8 locks on the gate for sheep creek amd i also have a polaris rzr so not to worried about gates or security but sure would like to know if any one is seeing big moose.