PDA

View Full Version : Most alge ever,lakes around here are infested

great white whaler
07-18-2010, 11:24 PM
even with boat its tough,the water feels extra warm this alge weed is taking over, oxgen depletion,not a good sign....never seen it this bad:2mo5pow:

floppychicken
07-18-2010, 11:51 PM
.... as to which Lakes are you referring to?

Cheers,

Fishfinder
07-19-2010, 12:43 AM
even with boat its tough,the water feels extra warm this alge weed is taking over, oxgen depletion,not a good sign....never seen it this bad:2mo5pow:

Ummmmmmm what? Are u fishn your aquarium? Have u cleaned it lately? Let us know if u ever catch a fish, goldfish don't count:) JK, sorta.

Geezle
07-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Just saw something on the morning show about a beach on Pigeon being closed to swimmers because of algae blooms...

Edit: it was Ma-Me-O

great white whaler
07-19-2010, 08:53 AM
.... as to which Lakes are you referring to?

Cheers,

Coal lake,mound red,by the lake park,dry meat,any were central alberta :sign0068:

great white whaler
07-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Ummmmmmm what? Are u fishn your aquarium? Have u cleaned it lately? Let us know if u ever catch a fish, goldfish don't count:) JK, sorta. once owned a piranha,it lived 7 years,7 ins long,i put my hand in the tank one time it took a chunk out of me,had to go get stitched up..

,,it died shortly after ,of old age

danewfy
07-19-2010, 05:06 PM
i think it died of alcohol poisoning. you wouldnt have tried to hand feed that bad boy otherwise would you?

Jayball
07-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Just saw something on the morning show about a beach on Pigeon being closed to swimmers because of algae blooms...

Edit: it was Ma-Me-O

Just spent two weeks at with family at pigeon at our cabin. Water is about 18 degrees right now. With all the rain it dropped to 17... but still warm for sure and it will rise. ma-me-o is esp bad because of how shallow it is there. i was at ma me o m on thursday... i couldn't believe the water drop there this year.

the lake is not all bad though...

greylynx
07-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Probably blue green algae . It is about that time of the year for this little rascal.

If we ge get some heat after all this rain, I suspect avian botulism will be hitting Alberta's waterbodies. It will make the Syncrude dead ducks look like a joke.

Mind you, the media never reports avian botulism incidents very much.

pikester
07-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Probably blue green algae . It is about that time of the year for this little rascal.

If we ge get some heat after all this rain, I suspect avian botulism will be hitting Alberta's waterbodies. It will make the Syncrude dead ducks look like a joke.

Mind you, the media never reports avian botulism incidents very much.

Well I know I will get in trouble for saying this but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if that stuff "thinned out" the Seagulls at Newell; man those things are noisy & annoying:sign0176:

Tiny
07-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Well I know I will get in trouble for saying this but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if that stuff "thinned out" the Seagulls at Newell; man those things are noisy & annoying:sign0176:

Ahhhh, i love the seaguls for one reason. There is always that one camp that party til 5:00am keeping everyone up. Thats when the plan kicks in at 6-7 am go and throw all your buns and bread and anything a seagul will eat on top of their camper/trailer. It sounds like a war zone from inside when they start landing and fighting over food. Trust me i have been there,lol

great white whaler
07-19-2010, 09:16 PM
i think it died of alcohol poisoning. you wouldnt have tried to hand feed that bad boy otherwise would you?u were there,,,ha ha ha,new years eve,,1997,the great piranha attack,i still got the t shirt,,,it was all good 4 a laugh by':burp::burp:s

great white whaler
07-19-2010, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=Fishfinder;633488]Ummmmmmm what? Are u fishn your aquarium? Have u cleaned it lately? Let us know if u ever catch a fish, goldfish don't count:) JK, sorta.[/QUOTE ive eatin more fish than u have ever hooked,:acigar:

ghostguy6
07-19-2010, 10:24 PM
I was at Hasse this weekend and visability was around 2 ft because of all the algea:sick:

Fishfinder
07-19-2010, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=Fishfinder;633488]Ummmmmmm what? Are u fishn your aquarium? Have u cleaned it lately? Let us know if u ever catch a fish, goldfish don't count:) JK, sorta.[/QUOTE ive eatin more fish than u have ever hooked,:acigar:

Did u thank the lil children who caught them for u?

plinker
07-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Ahhhh, i love the seaguls for one reason. There is always that one camp that party til 5:00am keeping everyone up. Thats when the plan kicks in at 6-7 am go and throw all your buns and bread and anything a seagul will eat on top of their camper/trailer. It sounds like a war zone from inside when they start landing and fighting over food. Trust me i have been there,lol I LMAO when I read that. I have got to remember that one.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

TreeGuy
07-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I LMAO when I read that. I have got to remember that one.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

X2! Thanks Tiny for a hilarious idea that is certainly worthy of YouTube! :D

Tiny
07-20-2010, 06:17 AM
X2! Thanks Tiny for a hilarious idea that is certainly worthy of YouTube! :D

Hey no problem, those stupid birds won't fly away because there is alot of food there, they just fill their mouths and hop around,, well and **** too,lol. Ten times better if you can get a couple of ravens in there, then the fight is on. The guy's that were having the party and figured they will sleep the day away, WILL NOT BE GETTING ANY SLEEP:sHa_sarcasticlol: