PDA

View Full Version : Dillberry Lake

Urban Nightmare
07-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Just got back from a week at Dillberry Lake. I use to go to this lake as a kid to swim all the time. First time I ever tried fishing there. I was only out for about 3 hours total as the weather wasn't that great but in those three hours I caught 10 figerling rainbows. My daughter was a bit more lucky and caught a nice 2 pound rainbow. It flipped off the hook before I could get over to her to capture it. Its the first fish she ever caught. She keeps bragging now that she caught a bigger fish then I did.

We didn't have a boat so couldn't get to the really deep areas but if you walk out from the swimming beach just to the left or right (we where on the left most of the time) and go just beyond the buoys (about chest deep water on a 6' man) the fish would be feeding during the early to mid mornings. I was even catching the figerlings in the mid afternoon on a 28 degree day in that area.

It was a lot of fun and the camp ground was relatively quiet last week so a very peaceful time.

Urban.

Ken07AOVette
07-19-2010, 11:10 AM
LOL that's awesome, good for her!

We were just talking yesterday while on the way to the NSR how ironic it is to haul a huge boat to a lake with a dually, turn on the fish finder, troll for hours and have a little girl kick your arse while standing in ankle deep water :mad0100:

I have seen it lots, go fishing all day at Moose lake, catch little 3 lb jacks, and while loading at the dock watch a 6lb one idling underneath you in 5' of water.

Enough to make a man drink. :mad0030:

Did you eat any? The last one I brought home was well over a month ago from there and it was much. Not good at all.

Urban Nightmare
07-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Little more than ankle deep but not by much. She was up to her waist. There is a drop off just beyond that where they seem to hide in the warmer days. She was able to cast out a good 20 feet which I'm sure helped. Nice thing is that early morning you could see them catching bugs on the surface of the water so you knew where to drop your line.

We didn't eat any. That two pounder (I'm guessing at weight based on rod bend and length) got off the hook on her while I was trying to get to her. What was the problem with the one you got? Taste funny or something?