PDA

View Full Version : Fishing near Golden BC

boot
07-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Anyone have any experience fishing around Golden BC? I won't have a boat or a float tube, so it's just me, some waders and a fly rod. I was thinking about heading north to Blackwater lake, but I have no idea how the fishing is or what shore access is like.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kingfisher
07-21-2010, 12:58 PM
The Columbia River flows through Golden. There are lots of access points like at the bridge near the old saw mill. There are some huge bull trout in there. Not sure about Blackwater Lake.

Rob

boot
07-21-2010, 04:08 PM
I was thinking about fishing the Columbia river, but I read somewhere that it can be tough fishing. I'm not sure what that means, but if it's anything like the Bow, then I probably want to avoid it, until I get some more experience. I get skunked about 50% of the time on the Bow (been out there at least a dozen times now).

Kingfisher
07-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Well are you fly fishing or spin casting? If your fly fishing then use large white bucktail type of flies. Clousers are good as well. Fish in the early morning or later in the evenings. There are several bridges and most of them have nice holes for the big bulls. If your spin casting then use some large lures that represent bait fish. Fish the same areas.

Rob

boot
07-22-2010, 07:37 AM
I have some clousers that I haven't used yet, so I'll give it a try. Thanks!