PDA

View Full Version : Ol' MacDonalds Resort

mgm79
07-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi all,

I'm headed out to Ol' MacDonalds Resort for some family friendly camping this weekend. I've been trying to research Buffalo lake and it seems like you can catch some pike in there.

Since I dont own a boat I was wondering if someone could help me out with some tips on where to fish from shore??? Can I just walk from the campsite or would I have to drive around the lake to a better spot???

Thanks in advance for any advice. Much appreciated!!!

AlbertaSasquatch
07-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Ya, you can catch pike in the lake but there isn't very good shore fishing from Ol' McDonald's. If you take a 10 minute drive west on secondary highway 601 you will see a provincial park called "the narrows" that is located on the west end of Buffalo Lake and it has some great shore fishing. It's usually pretty full on weekends but you should be able to sneak in there somewhere. The only thing is that all fish caught at the narrows have to be released. If that works for you then your set.

CeeZee
07-22-2010, 05:52 AM
take alot of loonies to the resort, nice place. lots for the little guys to do! but loonies loonies loonies lol.
have a great time, good luck fishing, fill us in on your weekend.

mgm79
07-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the advice both on the fish and the loonies!!! lol
The release is not a problem, i'm not a big fan on eating pike anyways and the loonies, well maybe a quick trip to the bank today for a couple of rolls won't hurt!
Thanks again and i'll let you know how it goes...

mgm

DirkDiggler
07-22-2010, 02:03 PM
It is too bad you do not have a boat, some of the best pike fishing I have done is out of Buffalo lake.

Robert Curtis
06-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Heading to ol'mcdonalds this weekend, narrrows too I figure most likely. Moved to Galahad in March and there is nowhere to fish around here...big knife is a joke. The narrows still good?

Robert

Okotokian
06-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Hope the weather is OK for you. Looks like rain. Old MacDonalds is a GREAT place for kids. carousel to ride, kids can rent bikes and trikes super cheap, petting zoo, etc. Go to the breakfast they put on, and the family karaoke night. As for your fishing, the do rent rafts,kayaks, etc. Trying to remember if they have canoes. I'd check. Mind you, havn't been there in 10 years. LOL Enjoy.

Robert Curtis
06-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Hope the weather is OK for you. Looks like rain. Old MacDonalds is a GREAT place for kids. carousel to ride, kids can rent bikes and trikes super cheap, petting zoo, etc. Go to the breakfast they put on, and the family karaoke night. As for your fishing, the do rent rafts,kayaks, etc. Trying to remember if they have canoes. I'd check. Mind you, havn't been there in 10 years. LOL Enjoy.

We slept in lol Gonna head out shortly and make a day of it, no kids except the better half and I ourselves hehe Will let you know what it was like and if they rent canoe's etc...oh and about the fishing too of course. Thanks for the info :)
Robert

Robert Curtis
06-14-2014, 08:43 PM
So nothing at Ol' Mcdonalds, went to the narrows and pulled this little guy out...then just as I was reaching for him on shore, hook came out and embedded itself all the way in my finger to the bone lol Thank god for barbless, just u-turned it right back out...was a bit of a gusher though hehe I released him of course, i release everything, i'm too lazy to clean and cook these days...lots of food in my freezer :)