PDA

View Full Version : And I Thought Flying Carp & Sturgeon Were Bad!

DarkAisling
07-22-2010, 08:29 AM
I've heard of flying carp, and flying sturgeon. Apparently while out there we also have another flying "fish" to watch out for . . .

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/Whale+smashes+into+boat+carrying+incident+caught+c amera/3306730/story.html

I'm totally leaning towards the "this is photoshopped!" side of the argument.

Fishfinder
07-22-2010, 09:11 AM
I've heard of flying carp, and flying sturgeon. Apparently while out there we also have another flying "fish" to watch out for . . .

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/Whale+smashes+into+boat+carrying+incident+caught+c amera/3306730/story.html

I'm totally leaning towards the "this is photoshopped!" side of the argument.

True story. Watched the story on the news last night. Crazy eh? One of the million reasons why the big blue scares the winklys outta me, but yet, draws me in ha!

DarkAisling
07-22-2010, 09:34 AM
I just can't come to grips with the fact that the guy in the photo isn't looking at the whale. If something like that is coming at you, how on Earth do you not look at it?

Jayball
07-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Good point... how do you not see it??? I saw this on the CNN site and some other news last night. At first I thought it was real... but when i saw this posting this morning... i had cup of joe and put my thinkin cap on ;)

I say its fake. The problem is this is the only pic that I can find. (are there more?)

I would say that if there is a guy with a camera... and he shoots THIS scene.. even by accident... isn't is plausible that he would shoot the damaged boat etc or the rescue etc etc?

If we originally believed the "boy in the balloon" story............

Let the debate continue... hmmm i am hitting pigeon tonight. I will be careful to watch for one of these.

walleyechaser
07-22-2010, 09:55 AM
wouldnt be the first time that a really big fishy jumped on board, but with that weight and the angle surely more damage should have been done

Fishfinder
07-22-2010, 10:03 AM
I just can't come to grips with the fact that the guy in the photo isn't looking at the whale. If something like that is coming at you, how on Earth do you not look at it?

lol. I don't. Run for the stern, sacrifice the mom in law....oops did i say that! JK:)

AK47
07-22-2010, 10:51 AM
. isn't is plausible that he would shoot the damaged boat etc or the rescue etc etc?

There is photos of damaged boat on Yahoo.

DarkAisling
07-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Some pics of the boat here:
http://www.news24.com/SciTech/News/Whale-pics-may-be-fake-20100722

Apparently, the direction the captain is looking in has been argued quite a bit.

AK47
07-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Might not be the best example but I noted few times during sports replays that it takes a moment for person to realize what happened ( for example ball goes through the basket, at that point everybody is still has frozen faces and only after nick of second cheers errupt). Maybe captain will turn the head towards whale in 0.02 sec or so... maybe he has headphones on and was listening to Ipod...... hard to argue...