PDA

View Full Version : bearspaw reservoir

sdlau
07-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Buddy and I are going this weekend, never been there. Any tips on lures to use, we don't fly fish.:sHa_shakeshout:

baitfisher83
07-22-2010, 08:20 PM
You must have access to it somewhere, never could figure out how to get in there myself.

TreeGuy
07-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Buddy and I are going this weekend, never been there. Any tips on lures to use, we don't fly fish.:sHa_shakeshout:

Congrats for getting in there. Since this 'private lake' is virtually untouched, anything OR everything could work.

I've pulled two lakers out from below the dam using a purple jig, but who knows. Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

selanne88
07-22-2010, 08:36 PM
I tried it last summer and had a big brown on first cast but as he was close to shore he got free. I also tried right where the river starts to enter the dam and seen lots rising and cruising the banks. I can't remember the road I used but it is off the trans canada hwy and then it heads down to the lake and you can park in a meadow and walk to the lake. Would love to try it with a canoe could be good.

RedHeadedFisherman
07-22-2010, 09:42 PM
I tried it last summer and had a big brown on first cast but as he was close to shore he got free. I also tried right where the river starts to enter the dam and seen lots rising and cruising the banks. I can't remember the road I used but it is off the trans canada hwy and then it heads down to the lake and you can park in a meadow and walk to the lake. Would love to try it with a canoe could be good.

one way is to go along Bearspaw Rd and ask if you can park at the Hydro place, walk up around the dam(east side) or,..

go out of the city along Hw 2 west to the big cloverleaf at Calaway Park, go east on a curving rd till you get to a T-intersection(Twnship Rd 250)

go till a 4-way, turn in right, go to corner, south a little, east.. ( ask at house if you can park and go to lake to fish).. walk 1.2-3/4 block(?? maybe a tad further) to lakke fish Sandstone Cliffs.. ( or go futher up-lake for a smother grade to lake..
look at it on GOOGLE EARTH

:sign0111::character0053:

sdlau
07-22-2010, 10:41 PM
After reading the thread, I'm a little bit confuse. Can we fish there or is it private land?.:confused:

TreeGuy
07-22-2010, 10:46 PM
After reading the thread, I'm a little bit confuse. Can we fish there or is it private land?.:confused:

You can fish there. It's just surrounded by private land. No access will be given on the Springbank (south) side. The north side isn't much easier. How are you planning on launching?

maverick
07-23-2010, 07:53 AM
I put my jet boat in at Cochrane and run down to it. The fishing seems to be really good or really cold. It is a good place to fish since you can land a brown or a rainbow or a laker and sometimes the odd pike when trolling. The most consistent is definitely the fly on top.

FishingForLife
07-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Me and my buddy were just there a few weeks ago. Just drive down Bearspaw road, park infront of the train tracks like every1 else, and just follow the road til it goes right, then follow it up and around. Its actually not all that difficult. You can fish by the boat launch, or fish all the way along the shore to the orange depris catchers. When we were there about 2 weeks ago, LOTS of action up top. waters were still, trout were rising, lots of Rainbows, and snagged one Laker down deep. it is actually pretty nice up there. Just about a 15, 20 minute walk, thats all. I plan on going back very soon.