PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a new reel

Urban Nightmare
07-23-2010, 07:13 AM
While at Walmart last night I found a Shimano IX4000 reel for 22.00. I haven't been able to cast with it yet but I'm liking the quick fire idea. Loaded it up with about 200 yards of 8# line. I just hope I spooled it on properly so it doesn't tangle. Also noticed they had a bunch of their fishing supplies on sale. Had a nice looking Ugly Stick with a Shakespeare spinning reel (with quick fire) for 39.00.

The IX2000 was 35.00 and I'm not sure why. Does it have more bearings in it?

L8R
Urban

Geezle
07-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Well, the IX4000 is a larger reel than the IX2000 (obviously) Maybe they're not selling as fast as the IX2000's so they marked 'em down? :confused:

Either way glad to hear you grabbed yourself a new reel. I'm assuming you're going to pass your other reel on to your son? :)

Let us know how it works out :cool:

Urban Nightmare
07-23-2010, 08:49 AM
I'll keep everyone posted.

The whole reason to get a new reel was to pass down mine to my son. The reel that came with his cheap "Just Add Water" rod and reel is getting really hard to reel in. we where fishing at Dillberry and his reel spent some time under water. Just seemed to gunk it all up. His was one of those rods you find in the plastic packages at CT and was a whopping $15.00. I was pretty sure I would have to replace something on it soon but didn't think it would be after two times fishing. At least he got some nice lures with it!

Urban

Dak1138
07-23-2010, 06:07 PM
I have the same reel, it is pretty decent. I caught my first pike with it last week when I was giving my other setup a rest.

tappen
07-23-2010, 06:44 PM
I just moved up 2 weeks ago, to a wicked wallmart deal :D I got a Mitchel rod/reel combo for 34$, an upgrade from my wright&mcgill rod/reel ive had since i was 9 haha.