PDA

View Full Version : has it been an absurd year for thunderstorms?

badfisher
07-24-2010, 04:34 PM
seems every time I want to go fishing in the evening there is all night thunderstorms

it sucks :(

alodar
07-24-2010, 05:35 PM
im going with yes

floppychicken
07-24-2010, 07:22 PM
I remember working at a Golf Course when I was younger and there was a year when the weather was SO Freakin' HOT and this weird 2:00pm wind would roll in and it would basically RAIN and THUNDERSHOWER every other evening. It would REALLY Pizz Off the members who could only show up after work at around 3 to 5pm! They would get so freakin' mad! :angry3:
Anyway, I remember that year pretty well as I and 4 others almost got hit by lightening on the 9th tee box. That was quite the experience, especially when all of our HAIR started to stand on end!
(at least the ones not pasted to our skulls from the rain)

Anyway, that was a BRUTAL year for weather.... (early 1990's I believe)

Cheers,

fitzy
07-24-2010, 09:15 PM
yea it's been a little weird, some of the fishing is a little off from it to I think. I can put up with it though. I can't remember the last time I saw the river so high for so long and some of the lakes are taking back a little beach!

SNAPFisher
07-25-2010, 07:09 AM
I remember working at a Golf Course when I was younger and there was a year when the weather was SO Freakin' HOT and this weird 2:00pm wind would roll in and it would basically RAIN and THUNDERSHOWER every other evening. It would REALLY Pizz Off the members who could only show up after work at around 3 to 5pm! They would get so freakin' mad! :angry3:
Anyway, I remember that year pretty well as I and 4 others almost got hit by lightening on the 9th tee box. That was quite the experience, especially when all of our HAIR started to stand on end!
(at least the ones not pasted to our skulls from the rain)

Anyway, that was a BRUTAL year for weather.... (early 1990's I believe)

Cheers,

Interesting story! I also worked on a golf course the year of the big tornado in Edmonton. It was simliar at that time that big thunderstorms would show every day. There were some really big ones prior to the bad one. The day of the bad one we had a storm already by noon. By 4 p.m. you could tell it was going to be bad. I watched a tree get hit my lightning about 500 feet away...more than close enough for me.

Geezle
07-25-2010, 08:43 AM
yea it's been a little weird, some of the fishing is a little off from it to I think. I can put up with it though. I can't remember the last time I saw the river so high for so long and some of the lakes are taking back a little beach!
Yup, it's good to see some of our water levels coming back up a little, though it's making the river a PITA to fish since there's very little shoreline to work from :o