PDA

View Full Version : first time to pigeon lake

recce43
07-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Iam going to pigeon lake this thursday for the first time .. Any addvice for fishing there would be great ill be in a boat

badfisher
07-25-2010, 02:46 PM
once u launch go out 400' to where the other 50 boats are and catch a hundred tiny walleye

recce43
07-25-2010, 06:11 PM
gee

mulecrazy
07-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Just got back from there. It was my first time at Pigeon prov park. We caught a few out where badfisher described. Anchor down and jig, white jigs seemed the best. We also fished off the elevated walkway thing. Caught several walleyes with a minnow on the bottom. the problem with that spot is the incredible traffic of very inconsiderate boaters. you could watch the guy looking at the 7 or 8 people fishing there and aim his boat right at them, there were tons of places they could go but.... hey lets drive 40 feet right past the guys and try and run over the bobbers:thinking-006:. I swear, some people are either very ignorant, or very stupid. Gee, what with all the people holding weird sticks and staring at the water, maybe I should take a closer look:sign0176:.

TrophyPikeHunter
07-25-2010, 08:35 PM
mulecrazy's got it right - I would avoid that spot. Go northwest along the shore. Stay in 12 to 15 feet. You should have good luck there as well. Use white with minnows or crawlers. Just don't go past the white bouys. Was out there Friday and couldn't keep them off the hook at times. We were happy to have the conservation officers come by and give us a complete lookover and a thumbs up as well...

kjibb
07-25-2010, 08:42 PM
At the north side of the lake in the evening around 7:00 or 8:00 until dark yellow and red 5 of diamonds is crazy. I just cast off our dock and catch a ton of walleye with the odd pike here and there.

recce43
07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
thanks all I will be up there for rour days got my walleye tags hope my kids will catch some and have some fun