PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Lakes

wolfkilr
07-26-2010, 06:37 AM
Wondered if anyone has experience fishing these high mountain lakes? Which of the two lakes is the best? I would like to try for Golden Trout and as it opens August 1st I think the wife and I will try it. Only able to go for a daytrip. What is the best fly, spinner etc.? Mornings and evenings the best or can you catch off and on all day?

Thanks to all in advance!!

FrenchyQc
09-03-2010, 09:54 AM
The Golden Trout is the most beautiful fish I've ever caugth, especially the male, the red on their belle is as unique as the Ferrari red... Golden trout are really easy to catch... I've only dry fly and I caught more than a 100 in about 9 hours of fishing... The problem is that they are sippng the fly they're not biting onto it so I landed 27 out of at least a 100 fish caught...You gotta be really patient because the bite is not coming from the trout that are cruising the shore... (you can se hundreds of trout cruising along shore), it's mostly happening from trout that are coming from the depth... So that mean that even if it's plus 30 and full sun the bite is on... When it gets stormy tought it's a feeding frenzy and the ''big guys'' (12 '')are coming out. 2 hours of storm = 50 fishes... You can use every fly possible they bite on everything from #6-8 Hopper to #20 PMD... Don't go too small, it is ''impossible'', too hook one of these fish with a #22 hook... I've listen to everybody that we're saying to go small, the result is that i'm stock with 50 # 22 flies of all kind... For wich lake you should fish, well there is 2 lake So... I'm gonna let u find out... The trouts are really easy to see when u're walking along the shore so I'm gonna keep that secret ... Once u'll get there, you are gonna find out... Keep the spot clean,,, The only problem there is the cigarettes butts... There is some everywhere... sad!!! ... For me, the niciest place in the Rockies so far.. Majestic night sky, Towering peaks, stuning fall at the end of lower Lake, Crystal clear glacier cold Lakes and a Glacier close to there... I mean u got it all body. Fishing is just part of the adventure...

bat-man
09-03-2010, 10:18 AM
How do I get to Michelle Lakes? That's too bad to hear about the cigarette butts. What ever happened to respecting nature and keeping it clean. Anyway, if you could help me out with directions that would be great. Thanks