PDA

View Full Version : Turky deep fryer

Kim473
07-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Just tried out my new deep fryer and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good!
Question? Can you put fish in the same oil as the turky or should it be changed? Also how long can you keep the used oil if you put it back in the containers? Just used canola oil, no peanut oil as kids alergic to nuts.

EdwardsZX
07-26-2010, 07:52 AM
Yeah that's an awesome meal while camping, tastes so damn good. You can reuse the oil for just about anything, the oil is so hot it will kill anything in it. and you can keep using the same stuff until it just gets too dirty for your liking. We did a deep fried pie in it last time for dessert, crust didn't stay together but it was goooooood!!

kenh
07-26-2010, 10:40 AM
I will usually use my oil for a year but i do store it in the deep freeze during that year

newfierefugee
07-26-2010, 11:09 AM
mmmmmmmmmm, deep fried turkey...

had to toss my deep fryer cause it was too quick and easy. Ever try seasoned deep fried steak or pork chops? I can feel my arteries hardening again :(

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-26-2010, 11:15 AM
You should be able to keep that oil for a long time as long as its out of the moisture , and sun . Also you can pick up filters to clean all the old food that was once cooked in it and filter it out .