PDA

View Full Version : Bowron Park Fishing Report.

timsesink
07-26-2010, 03:52 PM
one word "awesome" thats it for my report. Just joking. The fishing info for this amazing canoe trip seems nonexistent so I thought I better let you know how my trip went in the first two weeks of August.

The trip started with a nice little shower which turned into a thunderstorm which turned into hail! Always a nice greeting however from there the weather improved everyday. The good fishing started in Indianpoint lake wher there was literally schools of rainbows crusing by ain the 40-60 cm range! :sHa_shakeshout: it was incredible to watch as the biggest trout I had seen in my life would cruise by. I didn't have much luck but they sure followed the lure allot. We then moved into Issac which is the best lake for fishing and man did we catch fish I broke my lake trout and rainbow trout PB in a few hours and we saw many larger ones. I was literally shaking watching all these huge trout swim around. The scenery to was unreal, we found the best fishing for rainbows was where creeks ran off into the lake and where there was a nice sharp dropoff. From Issac we moved through the other lakes catching the occasional fish until we got to the north end of the secondlast lake and into the Bowron river. There we racked up rainbow after rainbow on spinners. Overall it was an incredible trip that I would recommend to anyone.
For trolling I ran a

1 OUNCE weight to a three way swivel and dragged a wabler flasher and a whitefish wabler behind.

For casting both large spinners, five of diamonds and crocs were working great. I used spoons in the 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch range and they were pretty consistent. If you have any ? shoot me a pm. Tight lines!

S.A.S
07-26-2010, 04:02 PM
What was the portaging like? Pretty flat or was it up hills and whatnot?

timsesink
07-26-2010, 04:05 PM
the first two are a little tough, but overall the prtaging is as easy as it gets for portaging. The trails from issac down to the caribou are pretty sttep and rocky though so you got to watch it. One of our guys got going a little to fast with the cart and ended up in the trees pretty hard.

S.A.S
07-26-2010, 04:10 PM
the first two are a little tough, but overall the prtaging is as easy as it gets for portaging. The trails from issac down to the caribou are pretty sttep and rocky though so you got to watch it. One of our guys got going a little to fast with the cart and ended up in the trees pretty hard.

I googled it...That looks like quite the place. You see lots of wildlife on your adventure?

timsesink
07-26-2010, 04:18 PM
We saw a grizz across Issac lake, and then a few mosse in the swamps. A lot of people go through the trip so the animals have either become quite shy or simply don't care anymore (the moose). We also saw tons of eagles, ospreys and other neat birds as well.