PDA

View Full Version : Splake Fishing?

7mmremmag
07-26-2010, 07:33 PM
This weekend im heading to Little Raspberry Lake in Meadow Lake Provincial Park.:sHa_shakeshout: The lake is stocked with Splake and Tiger trout. Just curious if anyone has fished either of these species of fish and what works good for them? I would really like to catch a couple, and info would be greatly appreciated!

trakker9
07-26-2010, 07:45 PM
I have caught lots. Spake will eat anything. Fish of shore. Take the family. Kids will love it. Set up with pickeral rigs with minnows for bait. Be patient they will come. I have caught two at a time with this set up. I have never caught a tiger trout even though they are in the same lake. The wife and I would go to Zeden Lake in Saskatchewan. She still talks about it.

splake0
07-27-2010, 05:23 AM
Although I usually do fantastic at Little Raspberry. Not this year. I can find them but they don't want to bit. I think that there is to much feed in the lake this year (with all the rain). Anyway hope you do well please post your results.

7mmremmag
07-27-2010, 05:28 AM
What do yu typically catch all your splake on in Little Raspberry? Should I try trolling spoons, rapala's, or go with a pickeral rig like Trakker recommended?

splake0
07-27-2010, 05:33 AM
I normally use a gang troll (willow leaf) with a minnow. Troll at 2.4 to 2.9 kph.