PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake--kindness of strangers

Elliot Moose
07-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Took my son out fishing on Sunday morning out front of the Prov Park. All we had was our canoe, which was fine until the wind started to get up a bit. I was paddling steady to keep on the drop off, and every time my son got snagged on weeds, or I pulled my paddle in for any reason, the wind and wakes from the power boats turned us broadside and headed us downwind--FAST:angry3: I love canoe fishing, but some days you do a lot of paddling for not much fishing!

Three guys pulled up in a good sized boat and we got to talking while I got my exercise. Really friendly and they soon offered some tips on the location of the structure (no fish finder in the canoe obviously), offered some minnows/jigs if we needed them (we had our own, but sure nice to get the offer) and finally to let us tie on to their boat (which I gladly accepted!:sHa_shakeshout:) They even moved their boat a bit so we would be over the edge of the drop off and passed my son a coke.

Thanks to them my son got several walleye in under an hour and had a super time. I got a bunch myself, but I was really out for him.

I forgot to get the names, but if those guys are on here a big THANKS from us. If I ever run into you again, beverages are on me! I always try to help folks out myself in any way I can, but it was heartwarming to be on the receiving end, and was a good reminder of why one should do it.

Thanks again,
Andy and Nathan

Anomaly
07-26-2010, 08:36 PM
what a wonderful story. thanks for postin it!

flygirrl
07-27-2010, 10:45 AM
These are things that need to happen more often on our lakes. Im sure they happen more often than not and we just dont hear about them. Thanks for posting, wonderful story.

Harbercraftguy
07-27-2010, 11:09 AM
cool story.glad you and your boy where able to make the day a memorable one.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Thats awesome great story and Congrats on your son for catching the walleye . Lots of good guys hang out at pigeon lake , lots of idiots to . You should pick yourself up a little portable trolling motor and attach it to your canoe . Just an idear . Great story .

Stop Staring at my Rack
07-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Great story. If they are here on the forum, hats off to them. Glad to see a story that shows the kindness and caring of others, glad your son got to cathch some fish!.:)