PDA

View Full Version : Travers Last Weekend?

iliketrout
07-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Anyone hit Travers last weekend? How was the fishing? Did Walter move deep yet?

xtremefisher1
07-26-2010, 09:19 PM
i went threre on the weekend but got skunked. i think i need a boat , fishing from the docks isnt fun at all.

jeprli
07-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Was there today....fished spillway for a bit but it was all small fish...then i moved to the bay just across(south), didn't stay there for long but no hits...then i went back across to the north shore of east arm of the lake, fished some bays there and noticed a few very decent walters, there was lots of baitfish schooling, and wherever i went i saw whitefish rising. Bite was good while it was overcast, once clouds cleared up it went dead! All i used today were either grubs or softbait minnows/swimbaits.

This was my first halfway serious fishing at travers, hopefully next time i can hook into a keeper.

Apart from spillway i was mostly fishing sharp weedy dropoffs in 4-20ft deep.

Have to get back there while walters are still fairly easy to catch.

iliketrout
07-27-2010, 07:16 AM
This was my first halfway serious fishing at travers, hopefully next time i can hook into a keeper.

We've had days where keepers were every second fish and days where we caught 50 and only 1 was a keeper. Overall average, I would estimate that every 10th fish is a keeper. Except for the guys who fish the spillway from the shore, it appears they keep everything...I've never seen one go back unless it was a long-line release.

This is my first year fishing Travers but I am addicted!

jeprli
07-27-2010, 08:41 AM
I hear ya on that one, in 7 hours of fishing i spent 4 hours driving around in a boat looking at shoreline and figuring out where else to fish instead of spillway. Well i found some spots that looked very interesting, and i saw fish lying on bottom, so next time i need to go alone. Yesterday I took my dad and his friend out, but old guys don't like to fish in weeds so I was constantly driving around trying to find a spot for them. old buggers, I looveeeeeee fishing weeds! ;)