PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake Help?

npauls
07-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Hey can anyone give me any advice for hammering some good sized eyes and perch in gull lake? I went up there last year on august long and ended up getting into a few nice eyes and perch but it was by pure luck. I was fishing in a 12 foot aluminum with no fish finder and no lake map. I just tried to read the structure on shore and fish that way. This year I will be hauling up my walleye boat and am hoping to get into a ton of fish. Everything will be released so no worries on my heading out there and bonking everything in site. I just don't know anything about this lake and am not sure if I should just fish the same area as last year or explore around some other parts.

Nate

DennyV
07-26-2010, 10:22 PM
My buddy and I usually set up our shack about 500M south of the boat launch at wilson beach about 200M off shore and rail some mad perch walleye and we caught a MONSTEROUS 46" Pike (23lbs) Pike there last winter. Its about 30ft deep if you find the spot. Really busy area in the winter as far as fish movement whether or not there will be anything there in the summer who knows...good luck its a good lake to get some wicked fish. Saw a guy at the Far north end just off shore at RV heaven pull up a pick he claimed to be in excess of 30lbs...a number i wouldnt doubt after fishing there my whole life.

Krisrf
07-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Is wilsons beach the sandy area about 2 thirds west on the north side of the lake or is that some private thing. I usually see a few boats fishing a steep drop off there but don't recall a boat launch there. I've had good luck with walleye and pike at that drop off.

Kris