PDA

View Full Version : Elk Hunting in 312 this fall

johnnyfly
07-30-2010, 12:17 PM
I have been hunting wt pretty seriously my entire life and wanted to get in to elk hunting this fall. The elk seem to leave the places we have permission to hunt wt, by the time Nov 1st rolls around. If anyone is interested in getting together or needs a hunting buddy this fall for elk, I would love to tag along. Not only in 312, I live in Calgary, so any of the surrounding wmu's.

hunter312
07-30-2010, 03:32 PM
I wouldnt bother mith trying to hunt in 312 their is way to private land and its not easy getting permission if i were you i would give 305 a try their is lots of public land and i have had good luck their in the past

Hunter312

Rackmastr
07-30-2010, 04:31 PM
WMU 312 has a pile of good elk hunting in it with some very good quality elk herds. There is a lot of private land but a lot of very huntable land if you get out there and do some scouting.

Lots of good elk get shot out that way each year, and its a great zone to draw late season cow tags. If you dont mind doing some scouting, it can be a fun zone to hunt if you get the right permission and hunt it properly.