PDA

View Full Version : Three Little Pigs At Chin

whitetail Junkie
07-31-2010, 01:45 AM
Well with some great advice from a co-worker,I was told that the walleye's were biteing at chin.and all I can say is unreal!!!!! I had my legal three fish limit in a couple hours.All three of them are around the 5 pound Mark.I was Fishing From shore , and again no Camera at the lake:mad0100:.I got home at 12:30 am and just finished cleaning and filleting all three of them!!! I think i'll cook some up for breakfast before work Tommorow.

Thanks Dad ,for Always taking me Fishing When I was young!!! i'll make sure I save you some of the Fillets,for when you come down next!!:)

flint
07-31-2010, 05:08 AM
Congrats bud! I can't wait to hear the full details of the story and to sink my teeth into those walleyes.

plinker
07-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Great pictures of some really nice fish. We fish PCR all the time so we never see Walleye that size. I think a trip to Chin is in order one day.:)

whitetail Junkie
07-31-2010, 11:58 AM
Great pictures of some really nice fish. We fish PCR all the time so we never see Walleye that size. I think a trip to Chin is in order one day.:)

x2 I grew up in Okotoks and have Fished PCR Lots,good eyeball numbers there ,but no size to them,however in the winter you can catch your limit of lingcod there,which I Personally find better eating than walleye.

My uncle and cousins fished chin most of there lives,so I was lucky that they showed me there Good Holes that not to many people know how to get to without a Boat.

whitetail Junkie
07-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Congrats bud! I can't wait to hear the full details of the story and to sink my teeth into those walleyes.

:happy0034:

BrownBear416
07-31-2010, 12:43 PM
well done Ty and what times the fish fry :)

nicemustang
07-31-2010, 09:45 PM
Bridge, dam or neither?

Lethbridge_1
07-31-2010, 11:03 PM
Was out at Chin today boating with friends and saw another guy also walk away from the lake with a walleye that size....I am bringing my rod next time! :sign0161:

AlbertanAngler
08-01-2010, 11:54 AM
:happy0034:

so jealous....think i will get out there this week...you should let me know where you were on shore! I have never fished chin but have been meaning to try it, now its an order.

Calgaryguy1977
08-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Nice fish! I'm surprised nobody has called you fish killer or fish murderer yet. It seems everytime I mention keeping a fish people get on my case....lol. I C and R about 95% of the time but I would love to try these. I heard it's better than trout!

whitetail Junkie
08-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Nice fish! I'm surprised nobody has called you fish killer or fish murderer yet. It seems everytime I mention keeping a fish people get on my case....lol. I C and R about 95% of the time but I would love to try these. I heard it's better than trout!

Every fish is better Eating than Trout,however My Rainbows that I do up in my smoker taste great!

davyt
08-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Every fish is better Eating than Trout,however My Rainbows that I do up in my smoker taste great!

Whaaaa? Trout are #1 for me, with Walleye a close second.

flames0000
08-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Well with some great advice from a co-worker,I was told that the walleye's were biteing at chin.and all I can say is unreal!!!!! I had my legal three fish limit in a couple hours.All three of them are around the 5 pound Mark.I was Fishing From shore , and again no Camera at the lake:mad0100:.I got home at 12:30 am and just finished cleaning and filleting all three of them!!! I think i'll cook some up for breakfast before work Tommorow.

Thanks Dad ,for Always taking me Fishing When I was young!!! i'll make sure I save you some of the Fillets,for when you come down next!!:)

Congrats! Could you please show us the lucky spot on Google Map?

calgarygringo
08-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Lots and lots of those wee ones in Chin. I have been fishing there for about 30 years and many 8-10 lb and over is not uncommon. You just have to know where to find them based on the water levels. chin flucuates more than most reservoirs so they do move as the year progresses. Head out in late sept. or Oct and see what big fat hogs you get getting ready for the winter. Hold on to your rod as 20lb-30lb pike are an everyday occurence there as well.

flames0000
08-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Lots and lots of those wee ones in Chin. I have been fishing there for about 30 years and many 8-10 lb and over is not uncommon. You just have to know where to find them based on the water levels. chin flucuates more than most reservoirs so they do move as the year progresses. Head out in late sept. or Oct and see what big fat hogs you get getting ready for the winter. Hold on to your rod as 20lb-30lb pike are an everyday occurence there as well.

How about now in August?

Fishfinder
08-02-2010, 06:27 AM

I absolutely love smoked trout!!! Best way to eat rainbows imo...mmmm!
Congrads on them fine walters!!
Cheers.:)

iliketrout
08-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Nice work WT Junkie!

fluxcore
08-02-2010, 05:07 PM
WOW!! its a great month for me if I hook into one that size:kap: Good job.

Badss
08-02-2010, 05:32 PM
so ....where's the Chin?

huntsfurfish
08-02-2010, 06:22 PM
right below the teeth:lol: