PDA

View Full Version : Boat Specs?

BH1
07-31-2010, 01:57 AM
Lately I've been looking at buying myself a side counsel fishing machine, and am wondering if anyone knows of a site that compares boat specifications, more specifically hull thicknesses? Mainly looking to compare Alumacrafts, Crestliner, Lunds and Misty River sc boats. Have been looking at boats up to 10 years old, not sure if the hull thickness have changed since then. But any input is welcome. This thread isnt about which make is better just simply the specs, to allow me to make my own decision.

THanks for any help.
Bh1

Krisrf
07-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Each makes website quickly lists the hull thickness for the current models. Misty river is going to be tough to find information on as it more or less doesn't exist right now. As for older models you might try iboats dot com to see if there is any information on there. Although important, I wouldn't put my only weight on hull thickness. This fall and winter I went through the process and finally bought a boat this spring. A little tweaking to do but am happy with it. Hull thickness was a bit of a part, as was layout, width, and engines I could equip it with. One of the biggest things was buying from a local dealer as when things get busy dealers will always put priority on those boats and motors they sold. I really didn't want to lose three weeks of fishing time over the summer for a two hour fix. One more point is that I was going for a tiller or a side console at most, but ended up with full windshield and don't regret it as its allowed us out quite a bit more (mainly in the spring when colder) and does have the top which is nice in rain as well as really warm/sunny days.

Maybe this helps, maybe not... My two bits.

Kris

coreya3212
07-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Bought a crestliner myself 3 weeks ago and put a side console in it. Cant wait for the engine to show up. One thing to consider that I noticed while surfing thru the aluminum boat manufacturuers websites, is that the grade of aluminum should be as important as the thickness. Meaning you may have a boat with a slightly thinner hull, but the aluminum might be of a stronger grade and actually tougher even though it is thinner.