PDA

View Full Version : Fishing near Jasper

sunnyvalesmostwanted
07-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Heading up to Jasper (Whistlers) with the family for 4 days in mid august.

Wouldnt mind sneaking in 1 day of fishing. Probably will be fishing from shore. I do not have any fly fishing gear or flies, nor would I even know how to use them.

Dont really care what type of fish to fish for, but wouldnt mind a few tips on where to get any decent fishing from shore around Jasper area.

Thanks

Dak1138
07-31-2010, 04:53 PM
i was there acouple of weeks ago. i saw a couple smaller fish under ten inches and another about twice that size under the dock at pyramid. this was at about 8:30 am,try it a little earlier.unfortunatly i could not get them. i did have some luck on two different days on the athabasca river just off the highway across from 9 Mile lake .tons of pike in there , not exactly the species you go to jasper to catch but it satisfied my fishing itch.

hairygrump
08-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Just got off the upper Maligne river tonight, did ok. 4 brookies and 1 rainbow in a couple of hours. All small but still fun. The river is high but the fish seemed to be holding in the slower water on the sides. Stimulators were working well. As for lakes, you can fish just off the beach in Pyramid lake, the drop off is about 50 feet out and that seems to be where the trout are usually holding. The Athabasca is still high and muddy. People are catching bulls in the Snaring river. If you don't have a boat, you can rent them from On Line Sport and Tackle in town. They have them at Pyramid, Moab, and Patricia.