PDA

View Full Version : Hog from Pine

fluxcore
08-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Hooked into a big Walleye on pine yesterday, not sure the weight but it was a hog. Apart from the rediculous amount of people boating it was a productive day with lots of walleye caught.

whitetail Junkie
08-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Nice LookingEyeball,way to go!!!:)

marlin1
08-01-2010, 11:16 PM
nice one

lone wolf
08-02-2010, 07:17 AM
oink, oink - nice hog !!

gramps73
08-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Hooked into a big Walleye on pine yesterday, not sure the weight but it was a hog. Apart from the rediculous amount of people boating it was a productive day with lots of walleye caught.

Nice fish Fluxcore
Are there many perch being caught out at pine this year?
g73

fluxcore
08-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Nice fish Fluxcore
Are there many perch being caught out at pine this year?
g73

I was thinking of getting into some deeper water and give the perch a go but it was almost impossible with all the people tubing and skiing around:( so I'm not sure how there biting. Next time ill try to get out on a weekday or early in the morning so its quieter.

gramps73
08-02-2010, 06:31 PM
good luck with that, let me know how you make out..

hunter49
08-02-2010, 07:02 PM
nice fish, interesting with the wire leader for walleye...never seen that before!

Cowtown guy
08-02-2010, 08:08 PM
nice fish, interesting with the wire leader for walleye...never seen that before!

Keep the leader straight and it doesn't interfere with the action very much. People seem to think that walleye won't bite if you use a leader. That is false as the picture proves. Walleye are extremely predatory and when they are hungry they will attack with a vengence.
If you are working with a dead slow presentation then yes it is a little harder with a leader as the fish are usually more dormant and "fussy" for lack of a better term.

Also cuts back on the lost lures. When fishing pikey waters like Pine, I personally don't think a few walleye are worth 30 dollars worth of crankbaits lost to the pike.

Great fish Fluxcore. I have always wanted to get there for 'eyes but never seem to find the time.

npauls
08-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Nice lookin eye. How big did it measure out to?

I was at gull lake all weekend and dragged the boat up there. Ended up having 2 of the best days of fishing in my life. We landed 20+ walleyes between 23" and 29". I must say that I will be trying my best to head back up north to hit gull lake once more before it ices over.

Nate

fluxcore
08-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Ive always fished for walleye with a black wire leader and seem to catch lots of fish, not sure if it makes much of a difference and this way I have a better chance landing a big pike. Here is another fish with a black leader on a different day brrrrrr notice the jacket.

great white whaler
08-03-2010, 07:23 PM
wide between the eyes,,looks about 3 fingers,,,,,,:happy0034: