PDA

View Full Version : Rock Lake Fishing

fishmania
08-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Im heading up to Rock Lake by Hinton in the next few weeks
I plan to do some fishing while Im there can anyone tell me what type of fish might be biting this time of year and the type of lures I should be using
Ive never been there before

Thank You!

seahawkfisher
08-03-2010, 10:17 PM
i was out there last weekend, and didnt fair too well' we usually do much better earlier in the year. if you have a boat, the lakers were biting in about 40', but one guy flyfishing said he was nailing them in 12'. i've had good luvck with trout killers there.

the creek is a pretty tough fish unless you do a bit of hiking. just out of the lake, the whites are pretty stacked up, but have seen every presentation known to man. the athabows were hitting on the smalles spinners i had.

good luck

TUFFBUFF
08-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Was out last weekend too, I marked quite a few at 25-35ft in 45 ft of water near where the creek comes in, but no luck for me - I supose down only 22ft trolling in the middle of the afternoon didn't help.
There was the odd one or two just of bottom ranging 55-70ft too. Get up early, the last time we caught lake trout we were done by 9:30am.
The creek, if you want to catch 4-6 inch whites - find the smallest dry fly you can maybe a #22, other wise walk down far.....and then walk some more

Seahawk - were you the fella with the black 1/2 lab ? if so good to meet ya

seahawkfisher
08-05-2010, 01:47 PM
yup :)

likewise; always good to meet other board members!
cheers

stickman
08-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Was there this past weekend and caught nothing. Spent a lot of time in the boat. My buddy had money stolen out of his truck Sunday night as he slept, and other camps also got robbed of liquor and other valuables. So be aware and lock your stuff up!!! ****ed me off!

SinisteR
08-05-2010, 10:16 PM
I was one of the guys robbed, had a good bit of cash taken. Was a crazy day and forgot to lock the truck and bring the wallet in for the night, they went into the console for it, it wasn't sitting out. At least 2 other sites had booze and cash taken and lots had vehicles gone through and nothing missing. And the fishing sucked as well, no bites in 5 days. Cant say I'll be back anytime soon... Getting hard to find a lake in this province where ya dont have to keep a tire iron near by.
:angry3:

TUFFBUFF
08-06-2010, 12:38 AM
yup :)

likewise; always good to meet other board members!
cheers

I thought your avatar looked familar, we were the red/white dog, and the stroller packin the kid. Sounds like earlier is the way to go for the fishin'
Time to go see if my visa is still were I left it I guess.....

fishmania
08-06-2010, 07:51 AM
:mad0100:
Cant a person go any were nowadays with out being at risk of some type of crime.Hereing about this kind of BS really ticks me off