PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on Last Mountain Lake in Saskatchewan

Cruiser
08-04-2010, 09:52 AM
I am headed to Last Mountain Regional Park camping and fishing the week of August 14 to 20th. I hear there is great fishing there, I have not been there for 8 years so I am asking if anyone has fished the lake recently and has any information they would care to share would be helpful.

I have a boat and fish finder...I am looking for types of hooks used, depth of water, areas on the lake would be great. I will be on the East side of the lake.

Any feed back would be great.....

thanks in advance.

jeprli
08-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Don't go without a boat(sonar), that is my advice(that lake is enormous). I go to LML almost every spring, i target mostly carp but i also go after walleye. For walleye we would look for sharp dropoffs with weeds and rocky shallows in open water, 6-8lb seems to be the norm for that lake. I ventured to the north part couple of times, it seems to be a lot deeper than south end(where i fish the most).

In town of Craven there is a great campground with irrigation canal/river surrounding it. Managers name is Sam, and he is an awesome guy to deal with, fairly cheap too. Go up north towards Rowans Ravine camp, on the way you'll find a small ice cream/bait shop, buy your leeches there, they get them from up north and they're absolutely massive in size.