PDA

View Full Version : nakoda Lodge

jts1
08-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Has anyone been out there as of late? How is the new aeration system doing? Thinking about heading out there.

jeremytym
08-06-2010, 11:06 PM
yea im going there tomorrow morning to check out some fishing grate place i grew up there not even 5mins away from there and its been the best fishing ive ever had in my life. im getting into the fly fishing seems to be the thing there but i still spin cast. my bother pulled out a huge rainbow last week 12 pounds 3 oz 38 cm just a pig useing a spoon good old 5 of diamonds. they just stocked it 2 wweeks ago with 5 pounders 18-24 cm good luck and have fun :D :shark:

Fishfinder
08-06-2010, 11:31 PM
yea im going there tomorrow morning to check out some fishing grate place i grew up there not even 5mins away from there and its been the best fishing ive ever had in my life. im getting into the fly fishing seems to be the thing there but i still spin cast. my bother pulled out a huge rainbow last week 12 pounds 3 oz 38 cm just a pig useing a spoon good old 5 of diamonds. they just stocked it 2 wweeks ago with 5 pounders 18-24 cm good luck and have fun :D :shark:

Yowsers! I never knew Any lake was stocked with 2 foot trout. Weird n wild stuff.
Gotta love the 5 o D.....12# Bow, that's awesome!

Calgaryguy1977
08-07-2010, 02:19 AM
is that hector lake? Do you need special permission from the band to fish there?

Scott N
08-07-2010, 09:05 AM
is that hector lake? Do you need special permission from the band to fish there?

Yes, you need to buy a license, which is around $20 / day.

coreya3212
08-07-2010, 09:12 AM
my bother pulled out a huge rainbow last week 12 pounds 3 oz 38 cm just a pig useing a spoon good old 5 of diamonds. they just stocked it 2 wweeks ago with 5 pounders 18-24 cm good luck and have fun :D :shark:

You meant 38 inches, not centimeters right?

jts1
08-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Yes, you need to buy a license, which is around $20 / day.

25.00 a day is the price for a day . C&R only

jeremytym
08-28-2010, 11:40 PM
yes you need to pick up the license from the lodge front desk they are 25.00$ for the day better off bring your own boat cuz your just going to be paying 25 an hour for a theirs and i don't know about you but that is highway robbery and yes sorry it was inch when they stocked it i thought it was what i said be for but its not hey turned out to be minnows 2-4 inches long so lakers will have something to feed on during the winter. dont try to spin cast go fly fishing is all i have to say and match the hatch you will not be disappointed. good luck have fun :)

jts1
08-29-2010, 01:08 AM
I love the fact that they charge you and everyone thinks its robbery. I like going there and being the only one on the lake floating my pontoon boat with 10lb trout under me. Thats worth 25 bucks anyday in my book.

jeremytym
08-31-2010, 06:03 AM
yea if i fish from the road its free for me because im a stats Indian but if i want to take a boat out they will change me cause it on "there land" so i try to stick to the road side :fighting0021: oh wells. i was thinking of making my own fishing hole just up the hill from there way better location i think plus i will only charge for full and half days with both child and adult prices and offer more then just rainbows maybe throw in some pike or a predator fish just so it will keep those rainbows on there toes so they will grow faster and hit the hook or fly harder and have a better fight in them will that's what i think or they will just eat them all up and then ill have a bunch of musky :thinking-006: that wouldn't be for a few years now winter kill get's them every year so i built a small oxygen and filtration unit see if they survive the winter i have my finger crossed only stocked it with 225 RBT little guys like 4-5 inchs you can check the lake out on google map the one just above nakoda tell me what you think next year if they survive i might invite a few ppl to try it out for the day:bad_boys_20: