PDA

View Full Version : severn res.

ORV
08-05-2010, 07:29 AM
anyone been out to severn res lately?
just wondering if it is worth the trip out.
usually gets pretty weedy by now.
appreciate any info.

thanks

orv.

howlin
08-07-2010, 09:37 AM
was there about a month ago (been in quebec since)was getting weedy .the point is usually good for fish close to shore but the weeds kept loosing all my catches.next time ill bring the boat and cast to shore.

ORV
08-07-2010, 10:15 AM
thanks for the info.
ever fished the strathmore pond? or is it still stocked?
i never fished it myself. i have a couple kids to take out &
would love to get them something.

thanks

orv.

howlin
08-07-2010, 05:35 PM
when i first got to s'more about 30 years ago i fished there all the time,ive seen big ones come out of there up till the late 80s(even got a perch once from under the dock,fluke fish from the canal i recon).its still stocked with rainbows,and i think that the town is now allowing all anglers there(was under 16 over 65 for the longest time)

the local angler
08-08-2010, 01:00 AM
hey orv if you decide to hit severn again by the route of the #9 going out towards drumheller be very carefull if you are driving a car. i just got back from drumheller and there is a huge section of road under construction and its all mud, and a storm moved through and i almost spun out and almost went into the ditch with my car. i was only doing 35km through there but still was slippery than snail snot. i tried taking a detour around the construction but ended up back at the construction site so had no choice but to drive through. very bad for cars but ok for 4x4s.