PDA

View Full Version : HELP...Zeiner or Provincial park at Pigeon?

MB1
08-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Hey folks, which campground would you stay at if you wanted to be close to the water? Don't need a boat launch, just a beach, decent site and easy access to water... I have a kayak.
Oh yeah how's the fishing been?
Thanks for the help.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-06-2010, 11:45 PM
DONT GO TO PIGEON LAKE ,I just spent the day there the water is green with dead whitefish all over . It stinks beyond belieaf . Go to buck lake or something.I will post a few pictures once I upload them

CanadianEh
08-06-2010, 11:54 PM
I love it when people post something that has nothing to do with the question you ask.

I just spent 10 days at pigeon lake and it was fine... there is a algae bloom, but we didnt notice any stink, and we didnt see any dead fish. We all had fantastic fishing, and loads of people were tubing, skiing etc.

Personally I like the provincial park for camping. Zieiner is right on the water, but it is like camping in a field with little to no trees. The PP is totally treed and private. and has a good beach area to launch a kayak from.

if I where you id say go to PP and dont look back.

08-06-2010, 11:55 PM
I love it when people troll and post something that has NOTHING to do with the question you ask. Dunno what the guy above was talking about.

I just spent 10 days at pigeon lake and it was fine... there is a algae bloom, but we didnt notice any stink, and we didnt see any dead fish. We all had fantastic fishing, and loads of people were tubing, skiing etc.

Personally I like the provincial park for camping. Zieiner is right on the water, but it is like camping in a field with little to no trees. The PP is totally treed and private. and has a good beach area to launch a kayak from.

if I where you id say go to PP and dont look back.

Troll , The guy wants to go camping and wants to take them swimming at the beach . Why would you do this when the water is Green and filled with dead fish . Sounds kinda crazy to me .

recce43
08-07-2010, 10:52 AM
we just got back form pigeon lake pp didn"t see any dead fish and the wlleye are hitting good filled my tags but there is a algae bloom didn"t stink though kids didn"t care

MB1
08-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate all of your opinions.:argue2:

08-07-2010, 03:41 PM
we just got back form pigeon lake pp didn"t see any dead fish and the wlleye are hitting good filled my tags but there is a algae bloom didn"t stink though kids didn"t care

Well you must not of been near the Provinchal park . We counted at least 60 and they were still coming in pretty hard . And the water was very stinky . These are a couple of pictures from my cell phone I will have to upload pictures from ym digital camera .

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/ba229306.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/c5cbd407.jpg

The dark spot in the water is where I casted my hook .

Agb Crash
08-08-2010, 09:24 PM
I am with BBJ, I would not even enter that water let alone swim in it. I counted 7 dead whitefish without even turning my head, 1 really niice big one prolly about 5 lbs or so. Water temperature was in the 70s so it is warm for swimming.

hogsmoker
08-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Yep, I have to agree with BBJ. I was at the Provincial for the weekend. I walked down to the beach with my little guy and I counted around 30 dead whites, and a pretty wicked smell, water was green with algae on the shoreline. There was no one swimming at the Provincial Beach when I as there. Getting to your question MB1 I like the Provincial over Zeiners.

seahawkfisher
08-09-2010, 08:11 AM
i was there for the weekend and the algae is pretty bad and yes lotsa dead whites, but that being said, the north shore had much clearer water with no dead floaters and swimming was fine there with lotsa people doing it; ironically, it was around zeiner where the water was much more pleasant. fishing one of my spots, i caught 12 eyes that were over 55cm in 2 hours, along with about a dozen of the usual skinny, small ones; no pike tho.
cheers