PDA

View Full Version : Beamont pond fly flishin?

biggamehunter
08-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Hey just wonderin if anyone is havin any luck on the fly on beaumont fish pond. If so what were you using?

thanks

Darren N
08-08-2010, 10:11 AM
I would be curious to find out as well. I find Beaumont gets tougher as the summer goes to fall. Personally I think it gets fished out. The regs say that they can take 5 fish of which when they are small you can make a meal out of it. If they were only allowed 2 fish then maybe the small ones would get thrown back, and you would only try and keep the bigger ones? (No its not a soap box speech as if you follow the regs then thats fine, I just question some of the regs) Then maybe there would be some left come August so you can fish it until end of Fall. Places like Muir where there are size regulations, and no bait allowed make it a good place to go all season long. A couple days ago I got three stocked rainbows all over a foot (biggest 16 inches) on a small prince nymph. That would never happen on a regular basis at Beaumont. Although years back I had seen some big jumpers at Beaumont, but who knows if they are still there anymore. Next week I have to drop my kids off near Beaumont for a few hours and will give it a shot none the less. Hopefully someone replies what they take on the fly.

Robmcleod82
08-08-2010, 07:43 PM
I grew up there and fished almost everyday in the summer when I was a kid. It used to be that a wooly bugger around the island worked well, usually in a olive color

Anomaly
08-08-2010, 08:29 PM
ive done alright with the olive wooly bugger as well,
usually I like to use some small bead head nymphs.

but i agree with the "fished out" prognosis.
beaumont and devon ponds get hit pretty hard. very little left in either.