PDA

View Full Version : Good places to fly fish around Vernon?

tbone616
08-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Me and the girl friend are heading out to Vernon on Sunday for a week of vacay. Have never fished out there before and was wondering if anyone knew of a decent place to try (in between wine tours i'm sure). Thanks.

Guitarplayingfish
08-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Me and the girl friend are heading out to Vernon on Sunday for a week of vacay. Have never fished out there before and was wondering if anyone knew of a decent place to try (in between wine tours i'm sure). Thanks.

Im not sure about flyfishing, but last time I was in that area I camped at Mayble lake (I think thats how you spell it). Its about an hour an fifteen minutes east of Vernon. We were fishing close to the boat launch (only place you can shore fish, every where else you need a boat). Anyway, Using a rig with a corky and a piece of marshmellow + worm, I saw a few people pull out some 6-7lb rainbows. They were enormous. Another cool thing (I don't know if it is still happening) But there were giant tagged gerard rainbows put into that lake, and if you catch the right color of tag and cut the tag off the fish (released or not) and call the number, they will give you 100$! :sHa_shakeshout: Pretty crazy...

Rick.
08-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Funny, I was going to suggest Mable as well. Never fished it myself but have heard good things about it. I think you turn off to Mable at Enderby not too far south of Sicamous. Have fun. Rick.