PDA

View Full Version : where to launch float tube at chickakoo

kingkongpennock
08-09-2010, 09:41 AM
after going to chickakoo yesterday, I realized that it would be a great float tube lake. so I quickly checked out the boat launch, and instantly sank into the mud a foot deep. not very promising.
I was wondering if there is a better spot to launch my float tube in that lake?

timsesink
08-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Back a ways up the road is a little gravel road that goes to the lake. The bank is much better and would work weel for launching. Best of luck!

Son of Sniglett
08-09-2010, 11:55 AM
. . . an even better Idea altogether? Just don't go to Chichakoo. The lake is muddy, filthy, and full of small fish.

timsesink
08-09-2010, 12:02 PM
x2

kingkongpennock
08-09-2010, 01:32 PM
. . . an even better Idea altogether? Just don't go to Chichakoo. The lake is muddy, filthy, and full of small fish.

what lake near edmonton isn't filthy? If you want to experience real clean water, head to jasper or go north. otherwise, I consider most trout lakes around edmonton to be of similar quality in water. Star is fairly clean, but I have had much more luck at chickakoo then star. I might try muir lake also.

P.S. I would swim in chickakoo.

YeeHaw
08-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Maby off the beaver lodge on chicakoo, Just an idea.

kingkongpennock
08-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Maby off the beaver lodge on chicakoo, Just an idea.

I quickly checked it out tonight after an evening fish with a rig (caught my first brook this year), and it looks very promising near the beaver lodge. thanks for the tip.