PDA

View Full Version : Little Beaverdam Lake

New Hunter Okotoks
08-09-2010, 05:48 PM
I've never been to this lake and was wondering if anybody's fished it and what it's like.All i know is that it's near Waterton and it's a bit of a hike to get into.From what I understand it has Brooke Trout in it.

Reddog
08-09-2010, 11:33 PM
I was up their about 3 weeks ago. I had a canoe but the fishing was really slow. Caught three fish in three days. Real nice brookies when you do get them. The quality of the fish made it worth while. I was trolling/casting spinners and flies. I wish I had taken my fly gear though as there were many large fish surfacing in the evening. The fishing may have picked up though as the summer has progressed. If you go let me know how you make out.

Reddog
08-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Also the hike is nothing! It's only like 1.5 km at the most. If you drive in far enough it's only 0.5 km.

ivanl
08-10-2010, 10:10 AM
I was there this spring at sunrise. Spectacular setting. Didn't catch anything that morning. Hardly worth calling it a hike if you drive in a ways.

ivanl
08-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Drove in till here...

And the lake...

Av8r
02-18-2015, 02:16 AM
I fished the shore near were the canoes are with a red and white lucky strike just before sunset in the summer and got a tonne of hits and landed a few 1 to 1.5 foot brook trout. I don't know what people mean by easy hike in, that hill is brutal but I am out of shape and I had to scare a herd of cattle of that was blocking the path. If you have a good 4x4 you can get up the hill but there is an old faded sign near the parking area that asks to refrain from using vehicles to prevent further erosion.