PDA

View Full Version : Walleye Turnys

gramps73
08-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Anyone else heading to Sask for the last 2 turnys of the year?
Just got word today I will be going to Last Mountain Sept 10-11 for some good old fashion hog fishing...it can't come fast enough..
g73

Chris K
08-09-2010, 09:34 PM
I have been going to Rowan's every year since 2000, and it's one of my favourite tournaments. What are you in for a boat?

Chris K

gramps73
08-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Not sure yet, I don't know if we are taking my boat or my partners boat..
From what i have heard I will be one of the few boats with a wind shield. Tiller lovers every where.
i have never been but looking forward to it for sure.
When are you heading down there>

albertaburbotking
08-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Just got word today I will be going to Last Mountain Sept 10-11 for some good old fashion hog fishing...it can't come fast enough..
g73

THATS TO MUCH LAKE FOR YOU GRAMPS YOUR BOAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH OR FAST ENOUGH FOR A LAKE LIKE THAT YOU MIGHT BE OK IF YOU USE DAN THE MANS BOAT BUT STILL I THINK YOU SHOULD JUST STAY HOME AND FISH DEWITTS POND THATS MORE UP YOUR ALLY LOL:bad_boys_20:

Chris K
08-09-2010, 09:48 PM
There are lots of windshield boats there. There are a bunch of tillers but they don't dominate the crowd.

I will be there on monday after the weekend. I have a black and gold Lund 208 Pro V GL with a 300 Verado on the back and a kicker and all the bells and whistles.

It's a great tournament and the quality of fish is incredible. You will need to have 25 pounds after day 1 to have a shot at winning it. Final weights will be from 55 to 58 pounds for the two days.

Good luck!

Chris K

gramps73
08-09-2010, 09:51 PM
THATS TO MUCH LAKE FOR YOU GRAMPS YOUR BOAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH OR FAST ENOUGH FOR A LAKE LIKE THAT YOU MIGHT BE OK IF YOU USE DAN THE MANS BOAT BUT STILL I THINK YOU SHOULD JUST STAY HOME AND FISH DEWITTS POND THATS MORE UP YOUR ALLY LOL:bad_boys_20:

He goes by Captain Dan and as far as too much lake for me, if you could get permission from your wife to leave the house and go fishing maybe you could catch a fish...
and no PCR does not count..
Bubba all the way...

albertaburbotking
08-09-2010, 09:53 PM
LOL bubba all the way :sHa_shakeshout:

gramps73
08-09-2010, 09:53 PM
There are lots of windshield boats there. There are a bunch of tillers but they don't dominate the crowd.

I will be there on monday after the weekend. I have a black and gold Lund 208 Pro V GL with a 300 Verado on the back and a kicker and all the bells and whistles.

It's a great tournament and the quality of fish is incredible. You will need to have 25 pounds after day 1 to have a shot at winning it. Final weights will be from 55 to 58 pounds for the two days.

Good luck!

Chris K

Chris
I would think that we will be fishing out of my 1850 Crestliner with half the horses you got but i still can get 47mph out of her...
where are you staying?

Chris K
08-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Chris
I would think that we will be fishing out of my 1850 Crestliner with half the horses you got but i still can get 47mph out of her...
where are you staying?

We are staying at the cabins that G & S Marina has accross from the marina. Might have to have a drink or two one night.

Chris K

albertaburbotking
08-09-2010, 10:06 PM
47mph thats a joke i no a guy with a 16 ft sylvan that when he adds oil and remembers the plug can go 47mph like i said you better use captian dans boat thats the only way you will have a chance or borrow the great sylvan the only boat that day after day can catch the big fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gramps73
08-09-2010, 11:09 PM
I should have said 47 GPS not 47 off the speedo big difference..
I guess you would not know that fishing out of the tin can you call a boat..
any time you want a lesson just like the sylvan guy got i will let you come on my boat..no shoes and yes your feet will get cold muffin..
does your wife know you are on the computer and not doing the dishes...

nicemustang
08-10-2010, 08:22 AM
I'll be in it next year....not this one.

gramps73
08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
We are staying at the cabins that G & S Marina has accross from the marina. Might have to have a drink or two one night.

Chris K

We are heading out Tuesday and I have no idea of where we are staying..
g73

warriorboy10
08-10-2010, 07:14 PM
g73

Will be heading to Vanity Cup Last week of Sept. Tourney 2/3rd of Oct. 3rd That is a great tournament and fishing on the river brings a whole different element. Can't wait for that one!!

Good Luck at Last Mountain..

mooseman128
08-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Lets hope Warrior boy can catch some walleyes this year... my back was pretty sore!!!

Also best of Luck at Last mountain!!!

warriorboy10
08-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Lets hope Warrior boy can catch some walleyes this year... my back was pretty sore!!!

Also best of Luck at Last mountain!!!

Yeh, I know that feeling mooseman128!! I had the same problem with my back in 2008..
It can be difficult at times controlling the boat in the current as well as catching the keepers and not the suckers!!!:sign0161:

gramps73
08-10-2010, 09:53 PM
I would love to fish the Vanity but i have heard that the waiting list is pretty long.
Good luck at the vanity and maybe you both can put it together this year..
g73

whitetail Junkie
08-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Will be heading to Vanity Cup Last week of Sept. Tourney 2/3rd of Oct. 3rd That is a great tournament and fishing on the river brings a whole different element. Can't wait for that one!!

Good Luck at Last Mountain..

The Vanity is the Tournament of All Walleye Tournaments. Six Guys that I work with and buddy's will be Fishing there this Fall,Good luck to you!

mooseman128
08-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Warrior Boy and I have fished many years together and we both agree the Vanity is the tops. We enjoy the other tournements but there is nothing like looking into the livewell and seeing (2) 12lb. hogs swimming with (3) minnows. We also like to give each other a hard time as you can tell, but we have fun and we have come close to having everything come together but it will happen!!!!:bad_boys_20: