PDA

View Full Version : Holiday decisions

Agb Crash
08-10-2010, 11:59 AM
So here is the dilemna, I am sure many of you have the same challenges.
Oly have1 week holidays, live in Edmonton I would like to catch fish in order of preference, Lake trout, trout, pike, walleye, perch. I have 5 kids so fishing should be easy, we don't need to keep many (1)day. Kids need a swimming lake, tubing, skiing, mountain biking, hiking. I need inexpensive 6 hrs drive or less. Cheap license (already have AB). My ideas so far, Koocanusa, Slave, Cold, and Pigeon if the slime and dead fish are gone. I am also interested in Meadow lake Sk. Your thoughts please.

Crash

Albertafisher
08-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Sounds like Rock Lake is the place for you, it has lake trout, pike, rainbow trout, whitefish, bull trout, burbot, grayling and brook trout (Including the wildhay river that exits the lake and runs parallel to campground #2). The fishing there is amazing!
The drive from Edmonton is only 4 1/2 hours. PM me for directions. Hope this helped.

Duckfever
08-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Tough to go wrong with Slave, especially if you have kids. You'll probably spend more time taking hooks out than fishing yourself! Lake is great for tubing etc as well, although be careful, she can whip herself into a frenzy in a hurry. Rock lake is an incredible place, beautiful, nice campground and peaceful. I am pretty certain electric motors only allowed on the lake. One of our favorite places to go, and not catch fish! Can be really tough fishing. We've gone and spent a week there and been skunked on several occasions. Last time we were there, no-one in the campground had caught any fish. There is fantastic stream and river fishing nearby though, and a couple of nearby lakes you could tube at. Hope this helps.

seahawkfisher
08-10-2010, 10:24 PM
gas is fine at rock, but no watersports like skiing etc. be careful at the windy bay launch; the last concrete slab hooked on to someone's trailer and has rolled on top of the second last slab. i just backed in beside the concrete slabs and cranked the trailer into the hole once the wheels passed the messed up part.
cheers