PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the Oldman around Lethbridge

hightower
08-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Any one ever fish the Oldman around Lethbridge, thinking of giving it a try. Will be bringing spinning and Fly gear. Just want to be pointed in the right direction, not looking for anyones secret spots, I like to find those on my own. Thanks.

Pudelpointer
08-10-2010, 02:34 PM
There was a thread on this back a few months. Use the search function.

ETA - http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=64714&highlight=lethbridge

npauls
08-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Just head out on a walk in the river bottom and stop at all the slow moving deeper pools. You can chuck pickerel rigs with worms or minnows and catch sturgeon, pike, walleye, goldeye, and white fish mostly.

IF you want to catch goldeye on the fly just chuck dries early in the morning or later in the evening and you should have no problems.

You can also chuck jigs with grub bodies or tipped with bait.

There is also the classic spoons and or crank baits that can be chucked.

Nate

fisherwoman
08-10-2010, 09:59 PM
The Old Man is a great place to fish. I spend alot of time at the river bottom, anywhere down there is good. The fishing always seems to slow down in the heat of the day. The best thing about the Old Man is that depending on the season, you can catch different species. As of today I have caught 7 species from my fishing hole on the Old Man this year.:sHa_shakeshout:
I like to use worms or minnows on a pickerel rig. Good Luck out there!