PDA

View Full Version : heading out for a bit...

The Anvil
08-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Hey Everyone,

I am finally feeling a half bit decent, but that could change... I have hardly fished this year at all, and feel that maybe some "therapy" fishing is in order...lol

I want to get in some fishing tonight and plan to hit the water for a few hours at least.
Not looking to venture to far from home tonight but far enough that I don't feel like I am in the City...lol

If anyone else is heading out tonight in the Edmonton area and would like to meet up I plan on shore fishing either with bait or on the fly as I will have both setups with me, but have not really decided where I am going to.
Most likely the NSR.

PM me or post here If you would like to join me, will check back to see, but plan to leave the house no later than 6pm 6:30 the latest.

Cheers,

The Anvil

The Anvil
08-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Well I figured out what I am doing tonight.

My older Brother has been wanting to get out fishing for a while, at 31 he hasn't wet a line in 22 years or so.

So off to get him a Win Card, license and then we are going to check things out on the NSR.

Cheers!

Geezle
08-11-2010, 07:06 AM
So how did you guys make out? :)

If I'd have realized you were going out I'd have tried to get out with ya. Maybe next time... :wave:

The Anvil
08-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Well....

I have got to say that my brother is full of surprises.
He showed up at my place with his trailer in tow, after a quick stop off to get his Win and license, some food... we were on the road and ended up at the Upper Shunda Creek campground around 1am lol.

The Weather was nice, when we woke up at 11am, and stayed until we left and headed home around 3pm. After a few casts on some local streams with just a few bites and some fish seen we had to head back to town due to some prior engagements.

Needless to say there is a "plan" to go back and head up the trunk road to Edson before the end of summer.

I think he is hooked!