PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Lake.

diadromous
08-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Does anybody know how to consistantly catch trout out of ghost lake? Whenever I go out, the fishing is always hit and miss, with more missing than hitting. I don't know if it is just because of the crazy amount of fishing pressure the lake recieves or if it is just me having trouble locating the fish. Any advice on locating the fish and techniques that have proven successful on ghost would be greatly appreciated.

nicemustang
08-11-2010, 08:46 AM
If you actually are hitting any fish, then you are far better than most people on here. It is nortorious for slow or dead fishing. The fact that you catch fish should be considered a win.

recce43
08-11-2010, 12:08 PM
this time of year look for the thermal cline and the lakers will be under it troll slow 1.5 mph whit spoons work well ive caught some nice ones out of there ..

Bow flyman
08-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Fish Ghost lake during the spring. I have done very well at Ghost lake over the past 20 years or so. I have caught lots of Brown trout here over the years , as well as some decent lakers as well. This spring, I hit another dandy fish at Ghost, a 17 inch Brook trout. Alot of people do not do well at ghost, and I too have had bad days with no fish. Summer and fall I dont know about. I only fish it in the spring.

diadromous
08-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the tips.