PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the bow?

Roughneck71
08-11-2010, 03:40 PM
hey guys any idea what to use in the bow by the wyndaham casland campground. going to try sme spinners mepps black fury...many species be caught from shore? never been down that way before...thanks
Darrell

Robmcleod82
08-11-2010, 04:07 PM
If your using spinning gear get yourself some smaller rappalas in rainbow or brown trout pattern you will slay fish

Pudelpointer
08-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Unless there are some deep troughs and holes you probably want the shallowest running spinner you can find, otherwise you will either lose it right away or be picking off the weeds every cast.

Shallow rivers with bait bans are no place for spinners and spoons in my opinion. These areas are where flyfishing shines.

PoorTurtle
08-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I have fished the Bow many time with raps, and I always out fish the flyfishing guys that come with me!
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/picture.php?albumid=664&pictureid=2048

jeprli
08-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I'd use basic floating rapala up to 7cm, bring some lead wire to wrap around hook shank when you want to go deeper and that should cover almost any terrain. As for the weeds, they are a good thing for both fisherman and fish, you're bound to find fish around weeds, it's a natural cover and it provides food. Keep your rod tip high and it will help keep your line out of the water or near the surface away from weeds, after a few casts you'll figure out how deep you can retrieve.

I doubt it is any easier for a fly fisherman to avoid weeds, it's still hook(s) at the end of the line. Maybe longer rods and floating lines help...