PDA

View Full Version : A few quotes to think about next time your out

gprime27
08-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Anon.

We ask a simple question
and that is all we wish:
Are fishermen all liars?
Or do only liars fish?
William Sherwood Fox

All fishermen are liars except for you and me, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure about you
Unknown

Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
Mark Twain

There are more fish taken out of a stream than ever were in it.
Oliver Herford

All fishermen are liars; it's an occupational disease with them like housemaid's knee or editor's ulcers.
Beatrice Cook—Till Fish Do Us Part, 1949

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Ann Landers

Pierre
08-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it... Harry Middleton

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers... Herbert Hoover

Fishing doesn’t build character. It reveals it... Anonymous

Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after... Henry David Thoreau

I still don’t know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel. But I do know that if it were not for the strong, quick life of rivers, for their sparkle in the sunshine, for the cold grayness of them under rain and the feel of them about my legs as I set my feet hard down on rocks or sand or gravel, I should fish less often. A river is never quite silent; it can never, of its very nature, be quite still; it is never quite the same from one day to the next. It has its own life and its own beauty, and the creatures it nourishes are alive and beautiful also. Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers. If so, I’m glad I thought of it... Roderick Haig-Brown

Beekahs
08-13-2010, 08:17 PM
To fish or not to fish? ... what a stupid question!

WayneChristie
08-13-2010, 08:28 PM
To fish or not to fish? ... what a stupid question!

you win! :sHa_shakeshout:

fish on
08-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Winds from the east fish bite least, winds from the west fish bite best

ice
08-13-2010, 08:35 PM
you win! :sHa_shakeshout:

^^^^^