PDA

View Full Version : New To Buzz-bombs!!!!

fredieC
08-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi all need some advice:confused:, i have never used buzzbombs before, want to try them out can someone please suggest the colour and type to use, i live in Banff and normally fishes the lakes ( Minnewanka, Two jack, etc) and part of Bow river...

Any advice will be highly appreciated....:)
Thank you all....

nicemustang
08-12-2010, 02:37 PM
White.

fredieC
08-12-2010, 03:12 PM
thanks nicemustang.... any suggestion on size

nicemustang
08-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Depends what you're fishing for.

2" maybe for casting, but maybe a 4" for big lakers. I like glo too.

Christofficer
08-12-2010, 03:48 PM
White/green/pink rainbow trout color works good, or plain white. Buzz bombs are a go to lure for me when fishing lakes that have big fish. Try 2"-3" for browns and rainbows.

fredieC
08-12-2010, 08:19 PM
thankyou very much christofficer...for the info.....:)

Fishingnutter
08-12-2010, 08:54 PM
The pale blue 2 inch was a killer in Minewanka at 60' but I don't think you can use them in the National Parks anymore. If I'm missinformed and you can use them , search a Minewanka thread on here, I posted an area that is consistently good from a boat. Don't use a Buzzbomb in a river, you need very deep pockets to finance such fishing.

EZM
08-13-2010, 07:53 PM
YES You can use a lead wieght of 2oz or over (which is what the buzz bomb is made of) in the national parks.Minnewanka - use a pale green with white 4". Jig it up slow off the bottom and drop the tip of your rod quickly. I have one i spray painted with red slightly on the trailing (bottom) side just to give it some color. Covers the bottom 1" or so of the lure with some color. Lakers love it.Then call me to join you for Lake Trout dinner!!!!! You should be able to pick up a few fish this way.Works great. Make sure you are using the 4" (anything smaller might be under the minimun 2oz lead rule for the parks).