PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon lake

Howard Hutchinson
08-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Other than the messed docking system a the Prov. Pk and the algae bloom being at bit out of control. How is the bite these days ? Are the eyes deeper @ 20+ feet ? Any info would be a benefit.

Thanks !

H.

seahawkfisher
08-14-2010, 07:17 PM
hey, i was pretty impressed that they put in a new dock there; 29 bucks a night for a non pwr tent site SHEESH!!! (for that price they should detail my boat while it's at the dock...)

bite is as usual out from the PP, the north shore and "the humps" are pretty hot for bigger eyes than what you will find at the PP though.
good luck

whitetailman
08-14-2010, 11:16 PM
im going there tomorow! is it worth it! has any body been out there as of a couple days ago! hoping the lakes notthat bad

shooter55
08-15-2010, 06:45 PM
we just spent the week at Pigeon. The fishing was very good. We fished off the Grandview area, not near the Provincial park. Walleyes were biting hard on minnows, leaches and plastic bait...they seem to like the yellow or chartreuse tubes.. Unfortunately, since Thursday we couldn't put the boat in the water because the lake was so rough...we left Sunday morning and the weather was sunny, the lake a bit rough.
Unfortunately, the lake continues to be littered with thousands of dead whitefish, which sucks if you are a whitefish....and if you are loading or unloading boats in the chowder...

bubba 96
08-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Just got back yesterday from camping, fishing was good saturday, between my 8yr old and i we caught 30 fish in 2.5hrs and my 3 yr old got 2 as well, water was pretty rough but good day all in all..fishing to the left of the boat launch in 21 ft of water just off the ledge..

sheephunter
08-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Fished the humps in 14-15 feet of water today and lost count of the walleye we caught. Fish were really on. Went through 7 tubs of minnows in 6 hours and put 12 fat eyes in the cooler. A great day overall!