PDA

View Full Version : So proud of my boy

528guy
08-15-2010, 12:10 AM
My 6 year old son blew me away today. We were fishing on the Bow and on his second cast he landed a beautiful 19" rainbow, nose to fork. He yelled out to me "dad I got one!" and I just blew it off as him snagging the bottom like usual until I heard his line zzzzzing. He tried to give me the rod and I told him "no way, this is your fight." So he kept playing it until it tired out and came in to shore. Man I wish I brought my camera, but at least I had my measuring tape. To top it all off, while I was basking in his glory, he says to me "dad, we should let it go" so I took the hook out, he touched its tail and said "hi fish" and sploosh, it was gone. His first fish, what a memory.

Urban Nightmare
08-15-2010, 06:28 AM
Give him a big pat on the back from the rest of us. I just caught my first fish this year also. I'm taking the family out to Allen Bill today. I'm hoping my son can catch his first fish also. We've been out a few times but so far he hasn't caught anything.

WayneChristie
08-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Good for him! another fishing junkie is born! :sHa_shakeshout:

Fishfinder
08-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Great stuff dad! Memory of a lifetime:)
And what a great catch for his first, a nice big Bow, good on ya both!
Cheers.

gramps73
08-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Great story Dad, so who was happier son or dad...remember always have a camera in the box...

Slannesh
08-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Good job! Congrats to you and your son.

I love fishing with my kids, but the older two aren't real interested, hopefully the little guy (only a month old at the moment) will inherit my interest in it in a couple of years.

mountain man 300 win
08-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Thats awesome! Tell your son I say good job! He is a born fisherman!

fitzy
08-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Good to hear the first fish stories, my oldest boys first was a 4lb Walleye out of the Vermilion river. It stands to reason though I think he is still the youngest fisherman at Winifred Lake Lodge at 4 months old.
He was in a tent last winter and would say every couple if mins that he had one, I quit running in and after a while he said it again. I was busy setting a tipup and ignored him when he came running out the shack and a nice 6 to 7 lb pike came out the door behind him. I'll never forget that as long as I live!!