PDA

View Full Version : bow river fishing

joe05ca
08-15-2010, 02:11 PM
any one knows if u can use smelts in bow river and what are the bag limit and size?

soggysocks
08-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Only in one section under the PP1 zone. Everywhere else is in the ES1 zone and is a no go

from Bassano Dam downstream to South Saskatchewan River
May 8 to Mar. 15 – Trout limit 2; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Walleye and Sauger limit 3; Walleye over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Burbot limit 10; Goldeye limit 10; Lake Sturgeon limit 0; Bait allowed.
Mar. 16 to May 7 – CLOSED

joe05ca
08-15-2010, 02:26 PM
i live in calgary south, can i use smelts in south calgary?

uplander
08-15-2010, 03:56 PM
aha take it easy fishpro he might not have the regs but I understand the frustration if u don't have the regs go online and look at them or call your local fish and wildlife

DANOMAN
08-15-2010, 04:38 PM
what? Fishpro theres regulations? I thought you just brought a white bucket and became the bucket brigade :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcastic lol:

superspud
08-15-2010, 06:35 PM
no you can not use bait in the bow. maybe maggots in the fall in some areas. also i think you can only keep trout under 30 cm. just check the regs. there are online versions
anyways, this is a trophy river that is under rising pressure. please keep it healthy and practice catch and release

hunter49
08-15-2010, 09:06 PM
You live in "calgary south". I'd assume that you are fishing the section between the WHD(western headworks diversion) downstream to carseland wierd.

NO BAIT ALLOWED, except maggots during a certain few months. Bait ban also includes anything scented. The size limits are in the regulations as well and theres really no point in keeping a 12" fish which is what you are allowed. Not to mention you would probably end up dying if you ate one out of the bow.

The regulations are a wonderful thing, you should pick up a free copy when you buy your license. Assuming you took the time to buy one.