PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Carburn pond?

Hackfisherman
08-15-2010, 08:14 PM
I caught three pike over 25 inches during a 2 week period in early July, I returned yesterday to catch pike of 9,12 and 7 inches respectively, Where did all the big pike go?

I am speaking of the third pond where the Bow dumps in

Christofficer
08-16-2010, 12:44 AM
I'm sure the pond is fine. I doubt it's been completely raped or something.

jts1
08-16-2010, 07:37 AM
What has gone on with it is... This small pond has got posted on here a lot this season. If it gets hit just as hard on hardwater it will be just an empty pond like all the others here in Alberta. Its a shame that this goes on but as we all know its just par for the course here in Alberta.

slingshotz
08-16-2010, 08:39 AM
The third pond is subject to the floods of the Bow. If a lot of water was washing through it, some of the fish could have left and there could be a bunch of new ones in their place, or not. It's not huge so there's only so many large predators it can support and if people are harvesting them all, it'll take time to recover.

Buck Krazy
08-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Yup I agree with JTS, it is things like the "Google map of fishing spots"

ericlin0122
08-16-2010, 11:27 PM
there are lots of small ones. big ones you need to work extra hard to get them.
if you get nothing, you fish it wrong.

528guy
08-17-2010, 10:19 AM
I caught three pike over 25 inches during a 2 week period in early July, I returned yesterday to catch pike of 9,12 and 7 inches respectively, Where did all the big pike go?

I am speaking of the third pond where the Bow dumps in

Into a frying pan would be my guess.

Braun
08-17-2010, 11:06 AM
i dont think people are dumb enough to eat the pike in there. i never keep pike as it is and the few i caught from there this spring looked pretty sickly. carburn is a great place to filter out all the garbag and chemicals floating around in the bow. wouldnt touch anything in there

spinerfisher
08-17-2010, 02:30 PM
i dont think people are dumb enough to eat the pike in there. i never keep pike as it is and the few i caught from there this spring looked pretty sickly. carburn is a great place to filter out all the garbag and chemicals floating around in the bow. wouldnt touch anything in there

You would be suprised people keep from Carburn as ive seen it last time i was their. people to there own i guess.

ericlin0122
08-17-2010, 02:40 PM
You would be suprised people keep from Carburn as ive seen it last time i was their. people to there own i guess.

someone really have the guts :scared0015:

Christofficer
08-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah that's pretty sick eating fish out of carburn. Then again, fish are fish to some ppl.