PDA

View Full Version : NSR in the Edmonton Area Fishing Techniques?

cbarmby
08-16-2010, 02:09 PM
I have been hearing that the NSR is actually really good fishing. I am looking to catch Pike and Walleye, but I have not caught either as I am originally from BC.
So I was wondering what techniques, baits, spoons, spinners etc. you use to catch each. And of course what parts of the river within an hour from Edmonton (or in city) and how to get there. Thank you everyone for the help.

timsesink
08-16-2010, 03:47 PM
There's been a ton of forums on this one, simply search for it. Basically look for large eddies, slow miving and toss a pickerel rig or a nice shiny spoon. My bioggest so far is 41' and 20 pounds. Some pretty common areas are the powerplant, Goldbar, Neday, and by the Quesnell bridge. Good luck!

cbarmby
08-16-2010, 10:30 PM
There's been a ton of forums on this one, simply search for it. Basically look for large eddies, slow miving and toss a pickerel rig or a nice shiny spoon. My bioggest so far is 41' and 20 pounds. Some pretty common areas are the powerplant, Goldbar, Neday, and by the Quesnell bridge. Good luck!
Thank you for your input. I tried searching for other posts put didn't come up with anything. I guess I'll try harder. And in the meantime I'll try these spots. Thanks